Playoff Questions

wave316

Unfortunately, you cannot have a State title game set up at a venue based on the geographic location of the title games participants. These sites are set up years in advance and I personally think that Salem is a great site for the D1 and D2 games. It is a perfect size stadium (7,200 capacity) for the smaller schools, whereas the D3-D6 venues usually dwarf the actual attendance. Last year, Galax and Clintwood fans PACKED Salem Stadium for the D1 contest. Of course, the Gate City fan base does the same when the Devils are involved. I am expecting the same for this year with Honaker, Clintwood, George Wythe, Burton, and Altavista still in the mix.

After driving "all over the place" during the regular season, the D1 and D2 championship site is only ten minutes away from me. For this, I am thankful! Good luck to ALL the SWVA teams in action Friday and Saturday. I am looking forward to your arrival into my "neck of the woods" real soon!

^^^^^^^^ It's a great venue for a game.

Have no problem with that. Fans have NO need in being on the field.

I think it's ok if fans are allowed on the field ..before or after the game...except where Cal's band came on the field prematurely and the trumpet player got clobbered in the endzone!:)

I think it's ok if fans are allowed on the field ..before or after the game...except where Cal's band came on the field prematurely and the trumpet player got clobbered in the endzone!:)

No need in it. It does nothing but invite trouble. It almost happened with a kid a couple years ago at Bullit after JIB won a game. If anyone used to be on the LPD board you know the kid and know it almost resulted in the law coming in.

I am pretty sure the principals from West schools had a vote on the playoff system too. Geez guys, not everything is a conspiracy.

The majority of the East schools voted for the cross bracketing. The minority of the West didn't. Add in that majority with the minority and you get things the way they are. It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.

Salem is an incredible site for the D1/D2 games, like starcity said its the perfect size and is a really nice stadium. I'm with Ironlung on fans being on the field. Stay in the stands or huddle around the entrance gate. The field is for the teams

Salem is an incredible site for the D1/D2 games, like starcity said its the perfect size and is a really nice stadium. I'm with Ironlung on fans being on the field. Stay in the stands or huddle around the entrance gate. The field is for the teams

I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud. Maybe they could have something to where the losing team has a chance to leave the field and 10 minutes or so later family can go to meet their child. The last thing you need is some schmuck making a fool of himself to an opposing coach or player. Emotions can run to high and you don't need people not involved on the field.

The majority of the East schools voted for the cross bracketing. The minority of the West didn't. Add in that majority with the minority and you get things the way they are. It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact.

OK. Enjoy the game.

Edited by KCFan

it was set up so "the two best teams meet"...and the people out east of course were thinking that would be two east teams every year and they could just write us hillbillies off after a couple of playoff games...didn't exactly work out for them.

I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud. Maybe they could have something to where the losing team has a chance to leave the field and 10 minutes or so later family can go to meet their child. The last thing you need is some schmuck making a fool of himself to an opposing coach or player. Emotions can run to high and you don't need people not involved on the field.

It would be easier if the 2 teams had locker rooms on opposite ends of the field. With them being on the same end there is no real way to seperate the teams or the fans. I could agree with the 10 minute thing. I really dont like fans(and even worse is little kids playing on the field at halftime) being on the field but one of my best memories in football is going out on the field after Haysi won Region in '05 and just being with the team(I played with alot of those guys). Like you said, just hate for 1 idiot to cause an issue and really that could get bad fast.

I also kinda like not having "noise makers", just the game and the fans. No bs, not to point a finger at cwood78 but someone can support their team without a cow bell or a milk jug full of pennies.