Battle banged up heading into next week

battleftbl

JSB gutted it out tonight after 2 key losses. They lost start runningback / DB Cody Rogers after he reinjured the ankle that kept him sidelined vs Honaker.

They also lost starting WR and the 3rd DB in the rotation Travis Clark with a concussion.

Both of them are doubtful for next week so people will have to step up. Defense is the key here because Rogers is a starting Corner and Clark was the 3rd Corner and subbed in on both sides of the field. Tonight Matthew McMurray stepped into a corner position he hadnt played all season and played great.

Great game tonight at the Fort. Congrats to Fort Chiswell on a great season.

I hate to hear about the injuries for Battle.

Rogers has nursed that off and on for most of the season it seems.

I hope both young men will be OK very soon and congrats again JSB on your fantastic season!

Found a pic of Essex High School's football field on Google Maps. Also had a person on VAPreps tell me that there's construction going on and suggested that everyone use the bathroom before going to the stadium. Doesn't sound too pleasant (also in the pic, that's an airport runway behind the home stands).

post-9083-137723138887_thumb.jpg