The boys of Fall

wave316

Tonight I drove 7 guys to Va High to practice for our FCA All-Star game this Saturday... it dawned me as I was driving that this will be the last high school football game they would ever play....When we arrived for practice I saw helmets of many colors from so many teams .. I saw passion from the players as they blocked , ran pass routes , and learned their roles in the upcoming game...I watched Mitchell Ludwig of Abingdon practice kicking and punting all by himself ...I saw the Clintwood guys come out with short jerseys exposing bare flesh in the cold tempts .. I saw the big Wr Todd McGlothlin of Richlands make amazing catches .. I watched big lineman from Gate City, Lee, and John Battle and others work and sweat in the trenches..

I saw a small guy on the field .. Austin Hazlett of Twin Springs --100% hustle

Gw's Justin Snavely in his GW Maroon jersey being congratulated by the Clintwood players for his teams win at state ... I watched the LPD players get after it knowing they are the last of the LPD .. And I saw Coach Larry Russell of Chilhowie in a big team huddle ..asking a player to lead the team in the Lord's Prayer ...and they said it word for word...

We fed the team afterwards and shared the love of God with the boys of Fall and their coaches ...it was a blessed and inspiring night!

Great post !

It always makes me a little sad when the high school season comes to an end, and I always wonder where has the time went ! As I get older ( 53 now ) it seems like it just goes by faster and faster ! Enjoy this time in your life young men, it is a great time in your life and it goes by wayyyyyy too fast !

I love watching the NFL and also college football, but I just don't think you can beat watching a HS game on a Friday night in SWVA !!!

Now I am looking forward to next year !

Lucky you to witness the sportsmen's conduct. I do hope we can hear the FCA-All Star Game here in Colorado. Someone told me WJHL.com will do the coverage, but unable to get the audio at the moment. HELP.