Does Anyone Collect Sports Cards

I have been collected football and baseball cards from the time i was 5 until i turned 18 when i put them into storage i was going through them this past weekend and I got the itch to start collecting them again hahaha. I was wondering if anyone else on here collects cards as well I think i get more of a thrill out of opening the packs than i do the actual cards hahaha.

I used to but it's been years. Upper Deck ruined it for me when they created "super premium" and cards became $5 per pack. I miss they days when you got 15 cheap pieces of cardboard and a stick of gum for 35 cents. One day I will go back and build Topps sets from '89 and older but nothing from '90 to present interests me at all.

I did at one time, and my brother and I had literally thousands. We have all heard the stories of people having collections of cards from the 50's and 60's who either lost them or had them destroyed. I began collecting in the first grade in 1957. When my family moved in 1970, we had a lot of our belongings stored. I never saw those cards again. It makes me sick to think of what I may have had that could be worth a lot of money today, and the memories those cards created while my brother and I traded with the other kids we knew.

I am still collecting today I quit for a while but got back into it, I like buying packs and still get a kick out of getting rookies like rg3, luck, etc., every year each sport has a few rookies that are highly sought after and that makes it fun to get one of those in the packs. There is so many different types and companies now its hard to keep up with them all. I like to buy in bulk because since the price has dropped so much, so if anyone has a collection

let me know if you be interesting is selling. If you need any info on any things you might have I might be able to answer for you. My collection goes from 1920-1930's to present.

i have some hall of fame autos and a few players i grew up watching...stuff like that. I just buy what i want instead of opening up packs...been doing that for years. Jordan, Bird, Dr J, Magic, Marino, Elway, Staubach, DiMaggio, Mantle, Williams....and so on.

I have a lot of autographs on stuff other than cards as well...a lot that i've got myself over the years and certified stuff I've purchased here and there...Brett Favre had a big sale on his website not long ago and I got a signed poster and had it framed...that sort of thing. Van Halen, Johnny Cash, some former Presidents....I try to stick with stuff of some sort of pop culture significance...will pass it all along to my kids some day, hopefully they will see some value in them and want to read up on who these people were, maybe they will have a better appreciation of the history behind the names.

Collecting sports cards was pretty much my life growing up. I had football, baseball, basketball, and Nascar cards. I don't do it that much any more but I bought a box last year off of Ebay with unopened cards.

In that box I received a Hines Ward card with a piece of game ball used in the Super Bowl and it was autographed. Hines Ward was the MVP of that Super Bowl. Pretty cool even though I'm not a Steelers fan.

Used to collect big time in the early 90s, but got out before the industry went bust. At that time I collected mostly basketball including every Shaquille card made during his first three years in the league. I got back into the game on a smaller scale several years ago collecting mostly Jason Heyward. I own several high-end Heyward cards including four 1 of 1's with my favorite being the 2012 Topps Tier One Bat Knobs which was the hottest set of the year with guys like Ruth, Cobb, Mantle, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have several cards from the class of 83 quarterbacks. Several Marino and Elway Rookies in excellent shape( hard plastic covers). I also have 2 complete sets and several loose cards from the 91 season. Which includes a few Farve rookies. I also have 2 complete sets of the dream team cards from 92 Barcelona. Dont know what I will ever do with them but I assume there is a couple of Dollars sitting in that box. LOL