2013 Fishing Season

I don't know about the rest of you but i can not wait for fishing season to be in full swing already. I have done some trout fishing already this year but im really looking foward to getting some bass fishing done this year.

Heading to Kingston in a couple of weeks for striped bass and taking a week at the end of April to go to Cumberland River in Nashville for Stripers...just waiting for Lake temps to rise some

i heard that watauga is on fire for the past couple of weeks.... buddy of mine caught a ton of fish the last time he went... he also had 3 LM between 5-6lbs... wish i had time to head that way and give it a try....

Edited by tullyblanchard

Their pulling water out of those lakes so fast it wont take long to be back down to normal winter pool. If you dont have it, the TVA app is great for tracking water levels. Im jonesing to hook up with some bass myself.

TVA site is a great tool. Been tracking that thing for like 10 years and haven't seen anything like this. So much inflow it will be hard to get back to winterpool before their normal start date for gains. I hope but with all this upstream run off it will be hard if we don't get a two or three week break in the rain.

Their pulling water out of those lakes so fast it wont take long to be back down to normal winter pool. If you dont have it, the TVA app is great for tracking water levels. Im jonesing to hook up with some bass myself.

Anyone ever fish boone lake I love going down there but during the summer i live on south holston every day im off haha.

They say Boone is almost full pool and will be holding what they have. Boone has some of the biggest strippers in East TN. Had a buddy who got a guide to take him out, caught a 49 pound stripper.

Spend several weekends this fall below the South Holston below the weir, some of the best trout fishing have found in a while.

http://www.easttennesseefishing.com/index.php? check this site, will have to register and post but they have a forum for each lake and river is east tn, great resoure----also have some forum for VA

Edited by thundercloud
add

i heard that watauga is on fire for the past couple of weeks.... buddy of mine caught a ton of fish the last time he went... he also had 3 LM between 5-6lbs... wish i had time to head that way and give it a try....

Check to see if it weren't before the rain. Their was some good crappie and stripper action on Cherokee before the run off shut it down.

I ordered me a new huddleston swimbait this morning can not wait to get it and try it out ive had alot of success with those type of baits looking foward to getting the new one they are on backorder on all the sites right now i got a email saying mine will be shipped feb.3rd and i should get it by the 8th.