Student sues school for C+ grade

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/13/lehigh-university-graduate-student-sues-school-says-c-plus-cost-her-13m/?intcmp=obnetwork

This is ridiculous. The teacher said she didn't behave professionally in class, so the poor participation grade she recieved dropped her overall grade to a C+, just keeping her from getting her degree (she ended up getting a masters for something else). So now the student is suing the teacher and school for $1.3M (what she claims she lost by not getting that degree) and for a better grade. And of course they're throwing up the gay marriage thing for the student's defense....couldn't be that the student just didn't take the class seriously enough, could it?

Good to hear. I can't stand it when students, or anyone for that matter, blame everyone but themselves for their mistakes (and I especially hate it when they start bringing up biases like "the teacher hates gays" or "the teacher is racist"). I believe she needs to understand that acing tests won't get you by in life....behavior is much more important.

i've had instructors i would just like to beat the hell out of...if you don't like the grade just repeat the class.

I've felt that way before and had to repeat classes in college. Had an English teacher at VHCC who would make us play with baby toys in class and go outside to stare at a tree (with our faces literally only a few inches from the tree trunk) for 15 minutes at a time....and those were only a couple of the first week's assignments. And after doing ALL of that crazy stuff, I ended up with a D with about 2 weeks left in the class. I just decided to not show back up for those last 2 weeks and take an F, then take the same class the next semester with a different teacher (ended up getting a B+ that time). Point is, even though I hated that teacher and thought the grade was ridiculous, I didn't sue the school....I just changed the setting a little when I retook the class and earned a better grade on my own.

sad part is when THAT guy is the only one who teaches a class you need. I've taken a class 3 time under the same guy, each time hoping it would be someone else, and had to drop when i found out it was him teaching...every time they list the instructor as TBA and every time it's him...i still need that class to finish up to this day. I would love nothing more than to catch this dude out away from school and whip his ass good...but, you can't do that sort of thing these days...he sure needs it though.