Hokies have another NCAA Champion...

GMan

Is there a difference in the Olympics between individual and team medals?

Yes...there is.

Does anyone remember the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Individual Champion?

Does anyone remember the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Team Champion?

I mean, I could come on here crowing about how UVA won the doubles' title (J. Jenkins/M. Styslinger) in Men's Tennis, but I don't. It doesn't mean that it's not a nice accomplishment, and that I'm not proud of them. It means that the team title is a Hell of a lot more important, and labeling it as "Hokies win NCAA Title" is misleading at best. Kruzliak won the title. The team did not.

Case rested.

Yes...there is.

Does anyone remember the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Individual Champion?

Does anyone remember the 1996 Women's Gymnastics Team Champion?

I mean, I could come on here crowing about how UVA won the doubles' title (J. Jenkins/M. Styslinger) in Men's Tennis, but I don't. It doesn't mean that it's not a nice accomplishment, and that I'm not proud of them. It means that the team title is a Hell of a lot more important, and labeling it as "Hokies win NCAA Title" is misleading at best. Kruzliak won the title. The team did not.

Case rested.

Well then who the hell won the Mens 100M individual races the last two Olympics vs the 4x100M mens relay in track and field?? Tell me who is going to remember which one first.

Those awards still go down in the books just the same as any other. I don't believe most winners really care about if they are remembered if they won something as an individual or as part of a team anyway. Winning is all that matters to them or else they wouldn't put in the work!

To continue, you ARE trying to to take it away from Krizliak or else you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. We've had this discussion about this topic before. I couldn't give a frog's fat ass how the NCAA recognizes it.

Edited by bhs7695