Bulls' new bench

I know it's football time, but I just saw some news about the Bulls getting rid of some players and picking up new guys. Only reason I'm bringing this up on here is that I know there's some Bulls fans on here and with the team having so much potential the last few years, but not quite making it for one reason or another, I thought this was interesting. Apparently, the Bulls let go Robinson, Hamilton, Belinelli, and Thomas and have spent all summer working out Deng's contract to keep him and picked up Mike Dunleavy, who was a free agent. With the younger guys who really stepped it up last season (Butler, Teague, Gibson), the starters returning (Rose, Deng, Noah, and Boozer....unless the let Boozer go as some rumors have went), and rookies in the summer league team that did so well (like Snell, who they got from the draft and have been talking up a lot) and this new-look bench, will the Bulls actually be able to get by the Heat (assuming no one else in their conference suddenly becomes a powerhouse) and make it to the Championship? I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, they also had a shooting guard tearing up the summer league. Hope they keep him around. The Snell kid looked really good. The Heat won't be able to hang with us, as long as we stay healthy.

Ha, no no. It's the Heat's league to lose again next year.

With that said, a healthy Bulls team could give them problems. Add to that the LaMarcus Aldridge trade rumors and the Bulls could put themselves in really good shape to compete in the East.