Tigers/Greenwave

redtiger

Well its here, one of the biggest games for both of these squads. Heres my quick rundown of both teams,

Haysi - easily the best Haysi team ive seen since '06. I know they have only played one game and that was against Castlewood and it took Haysi a while to get it going. But still, once they worked the bugs out they looked really smooth on offense, very balanced running and throwing the ball and less shotgun than I have seen Haysi run in a long time. The Tigers have a Big OL(for the 1st time in awhile), a couple of solid Fullbacks and one of the best Runningbacks in SWVA. Add to that a smart, mobile QB and a very talented WR and Haysi is as potent as ever on offense. Defensively this group is AGRESSIVE and gang tackles, what they lack in size they more than make up for it other ways.  

Colleys Cats are gonna be ready to play!

Clintwood - for those that don't know, this isint the Greenwave of old. This group likes to throw the ball, and for good reason. They have several good WRs (#5 is a great athlete) and the only QB in SWVA w/ a State Title under his belt. In addition the Wave has a big solid OL with a lot of experience. As always, the boys from the west side of DC can run the ball, they bring 2 RBs with very different skill sets but both are very effective. Defensively, its Clintwood, need I say more?  Tough, aggressive, and VERY well coached.

One advantage that Clintwood definitely has is depth, this is the smallest roster for Haysi in the past 32 years.

This is definitely one of the most overlooked rivalries in SWVA, there may not be 10,000 people in the stands but this is as big as it gets in our little corner of the state. This will be as evenly matched as these two have been in almost a decade.

Its gonna be a real humdinger in The Jungle this Friday night!

dang tiger!!! someone lite a fire under ya? yea, we may not be 6003 fans in the stands,(i heard dickenson county was gonna be shut down friday night)but hey do we have 6003 fans? who cares......lol    and the game was in where? the jungle??? heck i thought  it was colleys house of horrors...lol.. yep you're right, this isn't the green wave of old, betcha them  tigers are sharpening their claws.... one things for sure after this past week, wave got a lotta practice on punt returns.... (no disrepect to rye cove)ya'll have had 2 weeks to get ready for us........told my brother......whom played for tigers in the 60's ( and will not give me ANY info on tigers) move his truck to high ground......theirs a wave coming..... look for a good old fashioned DICKENSON COUNTY FOOTBALL GAME,,,,,,, nope were not the R. and not the U.   but R  U, ready,     hope both teams have an safe game........kinda ironic    haysi and clintwood,,both have running backs from ervinton.....

The Ervinton boys have settled right in on both teams (that makes me proud). This will be a rough one for me, this will be the last time Clintwood comes down to Haysi.

I truly believe Haysi is "under the radar" right now and after this Friday everyone will have a little more respect for the Tigers, I don't know if they will win or not but I truly believe it will be close. Im looking forward to this one as much as any game in recent memory.  Give James Colley 2 weeks to prepare and any defense is going to have their hands full.

One thing is for sure, Clintwood is a top notch team again this season. I would say right now they have to be considered the #2 A West program (Fort Chiswell has to be considered #1 imo)

same thing i said about honaker last year, (under radar) Fort, i will agree for top spot, clintwood , i feel hasn't played a complete game yet.......(union to many mistakes.....rye cove....well.............)

Haysi will have a tough time running on the Wave D it will be up to the Haysi QB to keep the chains moveing (I think that the TE possition for them in this game might be the key to there success)

On the other Side Clintwood does not seem to have big punishing running backs that they have had in the past but there Right Tackel and TE are as good a two blockers as anyone in single A will see this seasonwith the rest of the line being solid if not road graders. I dont think that Clintwood can just line it up and beat a team like Haysi to death between the tackels as they have done over the last few seasons and a good play calling mix of run and pass will be key to there success.

Both teams have the same BIGGIST weakness......depth an injury to eather team to a key position in the week leading upto this game could tip the scales in favor of the other........All things being even with the game at Haysi I look for Clintwood to come away with a hard fought win by 2 TDs

oh but yes....................haysi may not, but colley does....(pressure) i look for him to return to.......".trickeration".....[/q

Colley will have some plays in his back pocket... if the talent is there it will be within 3 TDs... could be competitive...

James Colley has ice water in his veins, no pressure will be felt there

You talk about "trickeration" like its a bad thing! Without a doubt Sandlick will be a 3 ring circus! Ringling Brothers doesn't have anything on what's gonna be seen Friday night!  Haysi will base out of some conventional sets and that will make up the majority of the play calls but I have a feeling that there will be some special stuff thrown in there. I haven't seen Coach run any "trickeration" in several years, the time is now! The talent is there to pull it off. As far as "trickeration" talk is concerned, Clintwoods entire offense is "unconventional", by their standards anyway. More than 2 WRs, throwing the ball, from a direct snap set; its not been that long ago that Haysi was crazy for doing that stuff.  ; )