Clintwood at Honaker

dshreeves

Might as well start this thread before someone else does, game of the week in SWVA next week at Honaker.

Having seen both teams play once i think it could be just as good as last nights game at Battle.

I dont' think Honaker can plow up the middle against the Wave as they did against JSB. Gonna have to throw the ball better to beat Clintwood IMO.

If Clintwood avoids big turnovers and doesn't give up big plays in the kicking game, i think they come away with a hard fought win next week.

Picking Clintwood 28-20 and already looking forward to it!

Definitely game of the week in SWVA. Will be a great game, like you said I don't see Honaker keeping the ball between the tackles and winning. 2of the top teams in A West.

Too close for me to call

I'm gonna do my best to make it over Big A for this one

clintwoods revamped schedule is killing them, (along with some injuries)against  union, played great, no disrespect to others mentioned, rye cove,well,haysi, (different story  )                                                      it was their time, thomas walker, well.  last night, wave looked pitifull, yea we won 45-7....but.......................maybe lookin ahead, i dunno,,,,i do know.....wave has been lookin FORWARD.....to this game....new O, lack of reps............i've always thought that wave has have honakers number................clintwood likes EMATS....

I wouldn't get too down about the Castlewood game. Castlewood is not a great team but they do a few things well on offense and defense and can give good teams fits in places.   I think Clintwoods biggest issue is the one they have had all season, completion %. If youre gonna throw the ball as much as they do and lean on it like they have to, then the completion % has to be up over 50% and so far Clintwood really hasn't been able to do that. A lot of it is play calling. Gotta call play that allow that % to move up. If they cant do that then the offense will sputter.  

Regardless they are a very talented team and have a standout defense. Offense just needs to find itself and that will come with time.  They make enough big plays on offense and are good enough on defense to beat just about anyone in SWVA and give any A team a tough game.

well finally Jethro tells who he pulls for.  Va High is AA, Haysi is A. I know that.  A lot of teams seem to be underestimating Haysi and that is just fine with the Tigers.

and for the record, Haysi or Clintwood would be favored over VaHigh

Honaker also likes to go heavy with an extra OL, very effective against poorly coached teams. That's not the case with the Greenwave 

Honestly, I love a lot of what Haysi does on offense but I really have a soft spot in my heart for Honakers approach, you just don't see a whole lot of Power-I, unbalanced lines and heavy lines anymore

I'm not an idiot, I'm just stirring the pot and everyone on here is buying it. It makes for some fun on my end. When you guys quit commenting back I will probably stop....or up my game (; Duh we would have to be totally stupid if we didnt think you were stirring the pot.... especially some of your predictions. There is always someone who has to be a smarta$$ guess your it!!9

I'm not an idiot, I'm just stirring the pot and everyone on here is buying it. It makes for some fun on my end. When you guys quit commenting back I will probably stop....or up my game (; Duh we would have to be totally stupid if we didnt think you were stirring the pot.... especially some of your predictions. There is always someone who has to be a smarta$$ guess your it!!9

It's been no secret who I pull for. You must of not read the Richlands and VA thread. Dur dur

last I read you werent telling anyone, it was your little secret. 

There has been alot of Va High fans join the board lately