Upset weekend

redtiger

In the 1st round we had the

A 4, 5, 7 and 8 seeds lose. 

AA 4 and 8   all technically upsets.  

in A Haysi almost lost to Eastside and in AA Union almost lost to Lee.

I wasn't a fan of 32 teams making it in for each group but it has proved to work out well. This is football and in 1 game anything can happen.

I wouldn't go so far as saying Haysi almost lost... was it ever closer than a TD after the 1st q.?

I like that we have a 12  vs. a 13... love it when a low seed gets to host.

Yeah, just think Auburn or JI Burton will be in the state quarterfinals! Who woulda thought that?

I totally agree with cwood78. No excuses for losing that game. yes it was good to see fletch back on the field,to bad we didn't have him all season. All I can say is lets go tigers!!!!

I listened to the announcers on WDIC streaming radio program, and they were saying most of the game that Clintwood was being manhandled in the trenches.   From those announcers comments, I took it that the O and D lines just got outplayed for most of the game.  Sounded like a tough fought game and almost a great comeback in the closing minutes.  

JIBs D line is very good(Wadsworth kid will be unstoppable in a few years) but Cws Oline has just taken some major hits as the season has went along and the guys who are playing arent 100%. Long hard season for the Greenwave. Big win for JIB. IF the Raiders win they will have their hands full in round 3.

JIBs D line is very good(Wadsworth kid will be unstoppable in a few years) but Cws Oline has just taken some major hits as the season has went along and the guys who are playing arent 100%. Long hard season for the Greenwave. Big win for JIB. IF the Raiders win they will have their hands full in round 3.

Yeah, when you lose those big boys in the trenches it has a tendency to erode what might have been a better season.  

it was 14-8 thru the 2nd and 3rd Qs, Haysi tacked a TDS on midway thru the 4th. Maybe not "almost" lost but it was WAY too close for me!

oops... I was thinking it was 16-8, which would still be a 1 TD game, but I'm not used to teams getting the 2 when they need them this year. I'd say that would be 'almost' to pretty much anyone who doesn't look at the scores of around 200 games every Fri. night.

Im pretty sure it was 14, because Haysi went for 2 after scoring the last TD and got the 2pt conversion.  That would mean they were 1 TD away from the lead and with the weather being what it was making a comeback would have been a tall task.