Big Winners Can't be Found

SWVASportsGuru

I waited a few days to see if he would even post about it but, it's obvious he's not.  Union losses and he's nowhere to be found, they win and he thinks they won the state title.  My biggest gripe with the guy, take the good with the bad.  Don't just show up here when your team wins a game.

? I posted after they lost to Lebanon, and I was otherwise occupied last night and honestly had no idea the game was Tuesday night. 

Gate City won at home, congrats on a great win.

I dont travel to most of the away games, and if I forget to check the twitter, I dont know when they play.

Congrats to Gate City on a good win. I cant comment on the game, I know nothing about it, just saw the final score two seconds ago.

Okay, just went back and read yesterday's paper. Apparently GC had hit some key three pointers and pulled away in the fourth quarter after the game being tied at the half and Union being down only four going into the fourth.

I dunno what was going on, Jay Gavin had 0 points and Mitchell had 4. That seems odd, and probably the reason Union lost was that either GC really turned up the pressure on those two guys or they had horrible games. Barnett was the only double figure scorer for Union with 11.

That game was huge for both teams. After looking at the standings, Union now has to finish with wins over VHS and Lebanon to win the regular season. If GC had lost Tuesday, they would have been put in a serious bind.

Union still has the better conference record, but they really needed that win and Gate City got it. Congrats. 

I am not sure if Union has it in them to beat both VHS and Lebanon, if not we are gonna have to win the tournament to advance.

I didnt go to the Gate City game no, and I dont usually go to the away games because of my driving situation. I come on here, give GC props, and yet you are still a douche. I didnt know that the pinnacle of sport was 2A VA basketball, or that a person had to travel to every single away game, including hour long weekday trips, to know sports. 

You have a real hard on for me, just for the record I do not swing that way but am flattered by the attention.

I was at the game. 

Union does have a good team. It is a team that GC does not match up very well with. GC is a perimeter shooting team (if they don't score in transition). Union has some long-armed defenders that make it hard to get perimeter shots off. 

If you can get 1-2 of those defenders on the bench in foul trouble, the Union team becomes much easier to beat. Or, if you have a couple of big men that can be physical and score from the inside, Union becomes much easier to beat. GC does not have that. 

I was at the game. 

Union does have a good team. It is a team that GC does not match up very well with. GC is a perimeter shooting team (if they don't score in transition). Union has some long-armed defenders that make it hard to get perimeter shots off. 

If you can get 1-2 of those defenders on the bench in foul trouble, the Union team becomes much easier to beat. Or, if you have a couple of big men that can be physical and score from the inside, Union becomes much easier to beat. GC does not have that. 

Union has one physical inside player, but Gavin while being tall is more of a finesse guy, same with Mitchell. Barnett is as tough as anyone but he doesnt have great height.