Stat of the Day...

GMan

Was the 2009 playoffs game for the region 4 championship or was it a 1st round game?

That's the game where everyone seems to think Tazewell threw that game because they didn't want to play Richlands. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was a major talking point.

That's a long way to get to the fact it was a 1st round game.

That's the game where everyone seems to think Tazewell threw that game because they didn't want to play Richlands. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was a major talking point.

Did the winner of that game play Richlands the following week? I was thinking the winner had to travel a good way for the next game, if it wasn't Richlands who did Graham play I can't remember? Thanks

Wrong year. 2006. Tazewell was 8-3 and lost to richlands 61-0. Beat graham in the regular season on a blocked extra point and blocked field goal to win it at the end. Then got smoked in the first round. 2009 Tazewell was only 5-5 and was lucky to get in the playoffs. If it weren't for second half kickoff return for td by graham, I think Tazewell wins that game.

Wrong year. 2006. Tazewell was 8-3 and lost to richlands 61-0. Beat graham in the regular season on a blocked extra point and blocked field goal to win it at the end. Then got smoked in the first round. 2009 Tazewell was only 5-5 and was lucky to get in the playoffs. If it weren't for second half kickoff return for td by graham, I think Tazewell wins that game.

Thank you for clearing that up. Games run together in that series.

Did the winner of that game play Richlands the following week? I was thinking the winner had to travel a good way for the next game, if it wasn't Richlands who did Graham play I can't remember? Thanks

Graham went to Cave Spring and got blasted 42-0 in a game that was over in the first half.

The G-Men had lost to Cave earlier in the year 55-12.