Anyone get a KY newspaper (or maybe the BHC)?

BigWinners

From the Union twitter, here are the Union scoring plays;

32 yard FG-Simon

Noaks-30 yard TD catch

Barnett-20 yard TD

Bishop-1 yard TD run

Bishop-13 yard TD catch

Spears-71 yard TD rush

Mitchell-8 yd TD catch

Summers-1yd TD run

Zirkle-54 yard TD run

Does anyone know the penalty yards it felt like a good 150. Also want to ask, what is the intentional grounding rule in the high school Spears has been called for grounding at lest 3 times and every time he was out of the pocket and got the ball pass the Line of scrimmage, just curious.

Does anyone know the penalty yards it felt like a good 150. Also want to ask, what is the intentional grounding rule in the high school Spears has been called for grounding at lest 3 times and every time he was out of the pocket and got the ball pass the Line of scrimmage, just curious.

I was wondering that myself this morning about the yards. I think Letcher was penalized just as much as Union. I can remember about 9 false starts, 2 offsides, 4 personal fouls, 3 holding, 2 kickoffs out of bounds, 1 intentional grounding, 1 incidental facemask, and 1 false start on a kickoff (don't even know how that is possible when the kicker hadn't even got into position yet).

That is all I can remember and that was for both teams. I think there was more.

As far as the intentional grounding, I looked that up after the Lee High game. What I found was there is NO tackle box consideration. It simply stated that if a QB throws the ball in a direction where there is no eligible receiver to avoid a tackle for loss then it is intentional grounding.

One thing I will admit to being impressed with as far as the officiating goes is the ref being miked up when he called out the penalties. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah we thought the game might have been on tv was why they were doing that but don't know. As for the intentional grounding rule that needs to be changed because what are u suppose to do take the sack that rule makes zero sense. And for the refs there in know way there was that many fouls, made the game unbearable to watch for both sides.

I thought Gavin was in the area when they called grounding, and the Letcher QB did the same thing with no penalty called.

And is it not KY rules to keep the coaches off the field? The LC coach was damn near at the numbers on EVERY single play. In Virginia, thats a 15 yard flag.

I did not think the officials were out to screw Union or anything, just a crew that called a lot of penalties and maybe 1-2 went against us that would not have been called on a neutral site.