Honaker

87Tiger

The Tigers appear to be picking up where they left off last year. I thought the loss of three key starters would hurt, but the younger players are doing well and Robinette is dominating the post. Do you think they have enough to get back to VCU in March?

They will be a top 4 seed in the west and have a good chance.

Cumberland 48: eastside, castlewood, and JIB do not have the big man to match up well, better than average guard play at eastside could be scary.

Crooked road 47: you know better than i, but I believe you cruise thru, twin valley only team to note.

Hogo/mountain west 46: Gw real contender, watch out for Galax and chilhowie they always seems to pull a something out their rear come February.

West gate 45: Radford, Radford and oh yea Radford

Gw or Radford is projected to be your only competition in the west

Surprising wins and an excellent loss to gate city. You are setting up well, baring injuries

They will be a top 4 seed in the west and have a good chance.

Cumberland 48: eastside, castlewood, and JIB do not have the big man to match up well, better than average guard play at eastside could be scary.

Crooked road 47: you know better than i, but I believe you cruise thru, twin valley only team to note.

Hogo/mountain west 46: Gw real contender, watch out for Galax and chilhowie they always seems to pull a something out their rear come February.

West gate 45: Radford, Radford and oh yea Radford

Gw or Radford is projected to be your only competition in the west

Surprising wins and an excellent loss to gate city. You are setting up well, baring injuries

Galax returns two players that scored points last season and, if local resources are accurate, that was 12 total points.......for the season.  

Unless they have something coming up I am not aware of, losing 99% of your scoring is difficult to replace.

Galax returns two players that scored points last season and, if local resources are accurate, that was 12 total points.......for the season.

Unless they have something coming up I am not aware of, losing 99% of your scoring is difficult to replace.

ah forgot they graduated my apologies.

Nothing to apologize for.  It should be a down year but they wont have too many in a row.  Too much talent in the middle school and early stages of high school.  They may take some lumps with an extremely young team this season and make a run in the seasons to come.

Nothing to apologize for. It should be a down year but they wont have too many in a row. Too much talent in the middle school and early stages of high school. They may take some lumps with an extremely young team this season and make a run in the seasons to come.

chilhowie and Galax have good feeder programs, close to Radfords level.

Two things I seen Saturday that could hurt Honaker against good teams. 1. rebounding. They have probably the best rebounder in 1A but I think that could be a bad thing for this young team. They sit back I a 2-3 zone witch is great with a big man like tanner but when the shot goes up everyone just stands around and watches tanner try and get the ball. Their are lots of offensive rebounds to be had right now. 2. perimeter shooting. They have been shooting the lights out so far on the early season. They have to continue to do so in order to keep teams from packing it down inside on tanner. People are going to want to double him as much as possible and if they can make teams pay for that it could be a deep run in the 1a playoffs for the tigers. Oh and the top 4 in 1A west with is Eastside Honaker George Wythe and Radford should be really fun to watch come playoff time.

Two things I seen Saturday that could hurt Honaker against good teams. 1. rebounding. They have probably the best rebounder in 1A but I think that could be a bad thing for this young team. They sit back I a 2-3 zone witch is great with a big man like tanner but when the shot goes up everyone just stands around and watches tanner try and get the ball. Their are lots of offensive rebounds to be had right now. 2. perimeter shooting. They have been shooting the lights out so far on the early season. They have to continue to do so in order to keep teams from packing it down inside on tanner. People are going to want to double him as much as possible and if they can make teams pay for that it could be a deep run in the 1a playoffs for the tigers. Oh and the top 4 in 1A west with is Eastside Honaker George Wythe and Radford should be really fun to watch come playoff time.

Eastside will have problems with jib I believe, jib looked impressive vs ridgeview