ROA.TIMES-Blacksburg to employ unusual strategy on kickoffs, punts

trublue

I don't think it's a crazy strategy, especially against teams with high powered, quick strike offenses.  The loss of field position, as pointed out by others, really doesn't mean that much against a Richlands or Abingdon.  I personally wouldn't use it against a team who is committed to the run and has to grind out drives....chances of offense making mistakes are greater on long drives than quick strike, speedy teams.

I'm sure the Blacksburg coach will allow the game situation determine if he chooses to go for it on 4th every time.  One side note that I don't think was mentioned was the elimination of a bad/dropped snap or blocked punt.....those things have a tendency to change the momentum of a game in a big way.

I'm excited that we get underway this Friday night.  Hope all the teams play to their potential and that no one gets hurt.  Safe travels to and from whatever games your are attending.  Go Falcons and Go Wasps!!