Gate City vs Tennessee High

RiverRat24

I'm really not sure of any of the details. I just spoke with one individual and if im not mistaken they said there was like 15 kids on the 9th grade squad. I'm pretty certain no one gets cut from the team as long as they practice all summer and do summer camp. At least that's the way it was when I was at GC. So with a normal sized squad on JV....if all had played together and no one was cut there would have been at least 25-30 kids sitting on the bench for a JV game.

I would wager that the 9th grade team isn't traveling too awfully far. Probably no further than Wise and might go over into TN some. But I could be way off base with that assumption. The way it sounds with the way they struggled the other night, they would benefit from just playing the immediate local teams like Rye Cove, Twin Springs, Sullivan North, etc etc.

You have to understand too, that in Tennessee the same kids can play JV and Varsity the same night. At Hampton, our "8th grade" team, which has 7th graders also I believe, played kids that played on the JV. During the JV game, they had varsity players playing against our JV. So those scores tend to look worse than they are in reality.