Graham vs Tazewell

bgibb

On 8/29/2017 at 3:19 PM, TTownTigers said:

The worst thing for Graham is playing Tazewell this week.  It will give a false sense of security when the QB takes the snap, drops back, gets rattled with the reads, then tucks and runs and unlike Bluefield, when he runs on Tazewell, nobody will be home and it's 6 points because the Tazewell defense will be that bad.  Look for the Graham QB to have huge yards on called pass plays and to have a huge game in rushing giving the Graham faithful a false sense of security at QB.  The problem for Graham is when they play a defense like Bluefield's, and Richlands and Giles will have a defense in the realm of Bluefields, and this is where the problems occur.  The same thing will happen in round 2, and definitely by round 3 of the playoffs.  Without a QB change at Graham, there is no way they get past round 3.  They literally are no threat to throwing the football and you can not win like that in 2017.  The 1980s are long gone, and I hate to say it, but ask Gate City fans.  We have had to learn the hard way the past few years, but even with this year, our QB can get the ball 7 yards in the air to a receiver accurately.  I have never really seen hardly anything like that at the High School level regarding the QB at Graham's inability to throw the ball what literally seems like is 7 yards.  The sad part about that situation is that it's hurting the kid at QB more than the kid who is currently not at QB because the kid currently at QB seems like he may be a D1/FBS type player at flanker or WR, and he is not being played at his best position.  The Graham coach should have made the change in the Gate City scrimmage, and definitely by the start of the Bluefield game, and if not that, by the 2nd half of the Bluefield game.  <------you can see the pattern here which is why I questioned the decision making of the Graham coach after seeing them in the second half of the Bluefield game. 

My Gmen definitely have some kinks to work out. Totally agree with your synopsis of coaching decisions especially second half. I'm worried about how we'll handle Giles on Friday. LOS is weak.