Gate City @ Ridgeview

Wolf1207

I don’t see Rv getting this to a running clock, but it could be a good game to get some momentum going to the playoffs. GC appears to have a decent team with a superstar player. Hopefully RV can participate in the first quarter and win this game convincingly.

Ridgeview handled this game pretty easily.  Gate City had no answer for Cannon Hill who had 5 TDs.  If he can stay hot like that, RV is a different team.  I was looking forward to the Jenkins/ Beavers matchup and didn’t disappoint but didn’t quite live up to full expectations.  I say that because RV stacked the box and pulled Beavers off the field on defense (he usually plays against the other teams #1 receiver) as Jenkins played RB most of the game. So it was as Jenkins with man coverage on Beavers and Jenkins vs zone of RV.  I have to give the edge to Beavers.  He finished with several catches and a spectacular catch over Jenkins in the back of the end zone for a TD.  He also got a step, sometimes two, on him several other times with good routes only to be overthrown by his QB.  Jenkins came right back after giving up the TD to score one of his own as he beat the RV safety for the ball, made a move and outran the rest of the team.  I wish we could have seen Beavers man Jenkins up but it didn’t happen.  This is the game with in the game that I love

9 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I didn’t realize at the time that GC was knocked out of the playoffs with this loss.  I was wondering why the team was so upset after the game.  Pretty emotional.  Glad Igot to see Jenkins live before he moves on to W&M.

I didn’t get to see this game, but some friends of mine said this was the best RV has looked all season. Hopefully they have some momentum built up heading to the playoffs.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:18 PM, Wolf1207 said:

I didn’t get to see this game, but some friends of mine said this was the best RV has looked all season. Hopefully they have some momentum built up heading to the playoffs.

I like Hill in the passing game more than the running game and that is what they did last night.  I’d keep Hill as WR.  They are just different when Counts, Bevers and Hill are running routes. 

6 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I like Hill in the passing game more than the running game and that is what they did last night.  I’d put Boggs at RB and keep Hill as WR.  They are just different when Beavers, Counts and Hill are running routes.  Plus Boggs is faster than Hill and get the edge easier.  

I’ve thought that to. Hill at TE would be very difficult for teams to stop around here. I know when they started running screens to him against Bluefield he was getting huge chunks!