Region C, Class 1 and 2 updates

BandanaVTDavis4321

In class 1, its all Parry Mccluer. PM only has 2 losses and ranks number 1 in the state in Class 1 as Lancaster from Region A is ranked 2nd. Altavista has the second best record in Region C behind McCluer, but Altavista is not the second best team. Their schedule isn't as tough. Auburn is the 2nd best team in 1C. Their record has them with 6 losses, but they have arguably played the toughest Class 1 schedule in the state. I look for Auburn to come out of Class 1C and advance to the state level with McCluer. Here's an example for Auburn. Auburn lost to LCA by 1 point. LCA beat McCluer by 11 points, and LCA only has 1 loss on the season. Fort Chiswell, is probably the 4th best team in 1C. The Fort is incredibly up and down, but when they play to their potential, they are actually pretty good. They were destroyed by Auburn though. Look for PM and Auburn to advance to state from this region with Altavista maybe, maybe having a shot over Auburn as that 2nd team to advance out of the region to state but unlikely.

In Class 2C, Radford is really showing the effects of coaching. They seem to get better each year from game 1 to the final game at a pace that is much faster than the competition. It happened again this year. Radford's best win was a 13 point victory over James River. Radford lost to Lord Botty by 2 points early in the year. James River just smacked Lord Botty by 15 points.. James River also just beat a very good Glenvar team by 23 points. The best two teams in Region 2C are clearly James River and Radford, and this is a tossup game when they meet again on Feb 2 back at Radford. The 3rd and 4th best teams in 2C is a close call with Martinsville and Glenvar. I give the edge to Martinsville.  Nelson County has a good record, but doesn't play anywhere near the schedule strength as Martinsville or Glenvar. Floyd County has a much worse record than Nelson, Glenvar, and Martinsville, but has a tough schedule. Floyd only lost to Radford by 5 points.  Radford has a big one with Glenvar tonight. Top two teams in that region look to be very clear right now with JR and Radford, and for a team like Martinsville, Glenvar, Floyd, or Nelson County to beat 1 of these 2 in the region would be an upset. The team with the best chance in 2C to possibly knock off or upset Radford/JM in the region and advance to the state is Martinsville. 

What will likely, not for sure, but likely favorites to play in the 2C region title is James River and Radford, and it's a big one because the loser has to travel to Union for the first game of the playoffs, and the winner is likely hosting Gate City or Graham. I know Ridgeview and Va High and Marion are improved, but when all is said and done, of all the teams in 2D that has a shot at GC to advance as the 2 seed in Region D over GC, it is Graham.

Only my opinions above from watching a bunch on NFHS. Certainly not to be taken as gospel. Just 1 guy's take.

Narrows played PM close last night only losing 57-53.  The 6'11-7'0 footer Spencer Hamilton from PM played roughly half the game with intermittent cramps and from what I read on another website, he was in and out all game.  He still finished with 19 points in roughly 1/2 time of action.  John "Bo Duke" Snider, there all state football running back and linebacker had 21 points and 9 rebounds in the contest.  He's only a junior, and he's back next year in football and basketball.  Might be a Div 1 linebacker at the next level.  This isn't hyperbole, against us in the playoff game, that kid either sold made, or was involved/in on roughly 1/3rd of the tackles for PM.  We couldn't block him.  I really wouldn't be surprised if he had a combination (solo and assist) of about 20 total tackles in that game, and a good 10 to 11 were solo.  One he** of an athlete.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Narrows played PM close last night only losing 57-53.  The 6'11-7'0 footer Spencer Hamilton from PM played roughly half the game with intermittent cramps and from what I read on another website, he was in and out all game.  He still finished with 19 points in roughly 1/2 time of action.  John "Bo Duke" Snider, there all state football running back and linebacker had 21 points and 9 rebounds in the contest.  He's only a junior, and he's back next year in football and basketball.  Might be a Div 1 linebacker at the next level.  This isn't hyperbole, against us in the playoff game, that kid either sold made, or was involved/in on roughly 1/3rd of the tackles for PM.  We couldn't block him.  I really wouldn't be surprised if he had a combination (solo and assist) of about 20 total tackles in that game, and a good 10 to 11 were solo.  One he** of an athlete.

Lebanon blew a 20+ point lead but ended up beating Narrows double digits. Then Lebanon blew a 15 point lead against the Tigers last night. 

Seems to me that PM might not be the unbeatable force you claimed 

52 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon blew a 20+ point lead but ended up beating Narrows double digits. Then Lebanon blew a 15 point lead against the Tigers last night. 

Seems to me that PM might not be the unbeatable force you claimed 

Unbeatable as in.........for any team in 1D beating them?  Yep, I'm claiming it.  There is no team in 1D beating PM.  Like I wrote, PM's big man, the state POY played 15 minutes of the game against Narrows.  Of course they are beatable if he gets and injury or doesn't play.   As for IC, the only team having a chance at PM is Auburn, and that's a very reasonable chance, as Auburn might be the third or 4th best overall team in the state in Class 1.   But, as for 1D, yep, I'm sticking with it.  I don't think any team in 1D is beating PM, if the big man is healthy.  

We'll see what happens.

I think you hit it perfectly for 2C.  Radford's core is sophomores mostly with one senior having an impact.  They have some ups and downs because of that youth but they have tons of talent and the defense that they bring is strong and will only get better.  even if they can beat JR in the second game, they probably will see them in the regional and beating a third time would be next to impossible.  JR has tons of talent and experience.  I expect them to get at least one against Radford this year.  Floyd is talented too.   They just don't play defense hard enough.  I haven't seen Mville or the others yet to have an opinion on them.   

On 1/28/2022 at 2:02 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Unbeatable as in.........for any team in 1D beating them?  Yep, I'm claiming it.  There is no team in 1D beating PM.  Like I wrote, PM's big man, the state POY played 15 minutes of the game against Narrows.  Of course they are beatable if he gets and injury or doesn't play.   As for IC, the only team having a chance at PM is Auburn, and that's a very reasonable chance, as Auburn might be the third or 4th best overall team in the state in Class 1.   But, as for 1D, yep, I'm sticking with it.  I don't think any team in 1D is beating PM, if the big man is healthy.  

We'll see what happens.

This is inaccurate-apparently the big man only had cramps late in the game and played almost the entire game. Someone who watches as much NFHS as you probably should have observed that.

45 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

This is inaccurate-apparently the big man only had cramps late in the game and played almost the entire game. Someone who watches as much NFHS as you probably should have observed that.

It's very accurate. Stay off of Vapreps. The big man was in and out all game, and his total playing time was less than 1/2 the game. He's an insulin dependent diabetic and has battled cramps all year which has him setting out for 3 and 4 minute spurts All Year long. 

Look, your wasting your time. You are trying your hardest to make 1D basketball relevant. I get it. But, as I told you in December, you have no chance. Basketball in 1D and 2D is as weak as its ever been. 

I suggest you talk to some Parry McCluer fans instead of getting the useless Vapreps rumors. If you are going to argue for basketball relevance in far SWVA (which is your true and obvious intention) you need to be armed. Rye Cove, Twin Springs, Honaker, and JI Burton isn't armed. Union is armed. If I don't see Union written in your post regarding SWVA basketball relevance in 2021-22, I just dont take you serious.

6 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It's very accurate. Stay off of Vapreps. The big man was in and out all game, and his total playing time was less than 1/2 the game. He's an insulin dependent diabetic and has battled cramps all year which has him setting out for 3 and 4 minute spurts All Year long. 

Look, your wasting your time. You are trying your hardest to make 1D basketball relevant. I get it. But, as I told you in December, you have no chance. Basketball in 1D and 2D is as weak as its ever been. 

I suggest you talk to some Parry McCluer fans instead of getting the useless Vapreps rumors. If you are going to argue for basketball relevance in far SWVA (which is your true and obvious intention) you need to be armed. Rye Cove, Twin Springs, Honaker, and JI Burton isn't armed. Union is armed. If I don't see Union written in your post regarding SWVA basketball relevance in 2021-22, I just dont take you serious.

Burton almost beat the unbeatable PM last year without 2 starters in the semis. Also, if Hamilton has been out for stretches all year, why would you make that an excuse and point to the Narrows game an outlier? 

And believe me, it crushes me that you, a name/bunch of numbers with poor grammar who pretends to understand basketball on the internet refuses to take me seriously if I don’t mention Union. 

OK Man, look.  Burton is the team to beat in all of Class 1 Virginia.  That would obviously make you happy, just outside of Honaker of course.  I'm not going to trade barbs with you.  No, I'm not crushed by any loss in High School sports other than when Giles loses, nor bothered my grammar or internet numbers or whatever meaningless non-sense spouted in your post that is irrelevant to who you and I think are the favorites.    Lets nail this down and end this, then we will revisit it when the season is over.

1.  You feel that 1D can compete with PM and is a threat to win the whole thing. You take 1D very seriously.  

2.  I don't.  

See how easy all of that is above.  If you disagree with someone, you do not have to make it personal  Why is that concept hard for some?  If you disagree with me on Parry Mccluer, or Auburn, or Lancaster as the 3 favorites, then simply disagree without the personal stuff.  It's uncalled for and there is no need for it.  You are better than that.  Act like it.  Your best arguments are when you are giving data about comparing scores such as with Narrows, Mccluer, Lebanon.  That's respected.  When you dabble with the personal stuff, you lose respect and make yourself look immature.  Again, if you disagree (which you do) then simply disagree, but don't make it personal my man.

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

OK Man, look.  Burton is the team to beat in all of Class 1 Virginia.  That would obviously make you happy, just outside of Honaker of course.  I'm not going to trade barbs with you.  No, I'm not crushed by any loss in High School sports other than when Giles loses, nor bothered my grammar or internet numbers or whatever meaningless non-sense spouted in your post that is irrelevant to who you and I think are the favorites.    Lets nail this down and end this, then we will revisit it when the season is over.

1.  You feel that 1D can compete with PM and is a threat to win the whole thing. You take 1D very seriously.  

2.  I don't.  

See how easy all of that is above.  If you disagree with someone, you do not have to make it personal  Why is that concept hard for some?  If you disagree with me on Parry Mccluer, or Auburn, or Lancaster as the 3 favorites, then simply disagree without the personal stuff.  It's uncalled for and there is no need for it.  You are better than that.  Act like it.  Your best arguments are when you are giving data about comparing scores such as with Narrows, Mccluer, Lebanon.  That's respected.  When you dabble with the personal stuff, you lose respect and make yourself look immature.  Again, if you disagree (which you do) then simply disagree, but don't make it personal my man.

Why are you lecturing me about personal attacks? You are not my professor. You are the one who cried foul when your narrow viewpoint was challenged.  

PM may well win it all again….or perhaps Lancaster will…or it may be a dark horse. The whole purpose of looking at scores, styles of play, injuries, officiating and everything else we discuss on a message board is to try and figure out what could happen in a single night of basketball that hasn’t occurred yet.  Right now we have actual evidence that PM isn’t 20 points better than Narrows or Auburn, so it isn’t unreasonable to think that a team from 1D could beat them in a one game scenario. 

18 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Why are you lecturing me about personal attacks? You are not my professor. You are the one who cried foul when your narrow viewpoint was challenged.  

PM may well win it all again….or perhaps Lancaster will…or it may be a dark horse. The whole purpose of looking at scores, styles of play, injuries, officiating and everything else we discuss on a message board is to try and figure out what could happen in a single night of basketball that hasn’t occurred yet.  Right now we have actual evidence that PM isn’t 20 points better than Narrows or Auburn, so it isn’t unreasonable to think that a team from 1D could beat them in a one game scenario. 

Paragraph number two of that post in my opinion is a good one.  Much more respect with those type of paragraphs.  I disagree with some of the conclusions you make from it, but respect it.  We will see what happens.  If someone from D takes down McCluer, then I will give em a big congrats.