Castlewood @Lebanon (homecoming)

Pioneer

I don't see this game being close. Lebanon will put this game away by halftime.  Lebanon will have its first 5 win season since 2014-15 when they finished 6-5  with a loss in the playoffs. Games against Holston and Rural Retreat will decide if it's a winning regular season. 

Lebanon 56

Castlewood 7

I have to admit I was skeptical at the beginning of the season about the coaching changes but I’ll own that and realize that they have made some positive changes in their play calling. Super excited to see our own senior and our other “part-time” sons having a great year on the field.  
   I think this one is going to be all Lebanon also. These county rivalry games are always some of our favorites, almost as fun as the coal bowl every year. We will be rocking the stands Friday night for sure.
   We’ve got Big JJ back in the game, in a good state of mind, with his heart in the right place (after a well-deserved 3 game suspension).
    Olson and Hertig are healthy and in good spirits, lethal combination for sure.  
   Can’t say enough about Colton Barton, I’ve been watching him play as long as I have watched my own and he’s always been a game changer.  Reece has been really consistent and connecting well with our receivers. Tatum and Street have just been beasts on the field lately. I could go on and on lol  love these boys and this team  

We were able to play our 2nd string and younger guys last week, keeping our starters healthy and rested and they are even looking pretty good. I may have to keep my season tickets after graduation 😂
  Practices have been going well and looking forward to seeing some of the surprises they have been working on all week. 

Lebanon 49 

Castlewood 10 

Lebanon wins. If there is a 3rd team in 1D that could step into/challenge that Region Title spot with Grundy/PH, I think it's Lebanon because of that offense and ability to score. I write that because yea, Grundy and PH are more physical than Lebanon on the LOS, but you could possibly see a game where Lebanon gets a score, then an early turnover or 2, and very quickly, they are up 14 or 17 points, then all of a sudden, the ball control power stuff is much more neutralized. I'm not saying Lebanon wins the region, but if there's a 3rd team to challenge, it's them. Lebanon is going to beat Castlewood by a lot.

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Lebanon wins. If there is a 3rd team in 1D that could step into/challenge that Region Title spot with Grundy/PH, I think it's Lebanon because of that offense and ability to score. I write that because yea, Grundy and PH are more physical than Lebanon on the LOS, but you could possibly see a game where Lebanon gets a score, then an early turnover or 2, and very quickly, they are up 14 or 17 points, then all of a sudden, the ball control power stuff is much more neutralized. I'm not saying Lebanon wins the region, but if there's a 3rd team to challenge, it's them. Lebanon is going to beat Castlewood by a lot.

That's my feeling as well. They've still got 2 big games coming up after  Castlewood in Holston and Rural Retreat, win both they go 7-3 and may host a playoff game. One game at a time though from here on out. 

I also think Lebanon played one of their worst games against PH during the 2nd game of the season and kept it within 2 tds most if that game. I think they'd play them tougher if they meet again. I think playing Virginia High and Gate City will only help them down the stretch. They played Gate City tough the entire game with a few players out or not full strength. With everyone healthy they might have one that one. Should be an exciting finish to the season. 

Lebanon names the score here. The Reece kid can play and they have some athletes. Lebanon definitely exposed Northwood's pass coverage however beating Northwood wasn't a big surprise. It will be interesting to see how the Pioneers do moving back up to Class 2 next year as they would be a force if remaining in Class 1 was an option.

6 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

Lebanon names the score here. The Reece kid can play and they have some athletes. Lebanon definitely exposed Northwood's pass coverage however beating Northwood wasn't a big surprise. It will be interesting to see how the Pioneers do moving back up to Class 2 next year as they would be a force if remaining in Class 1 was an option.

They are losing a few important starters  next year, so they will be young. I expect them to take a step back,  but still should  be better then years passed. I think they will win 4 games or so. Moving back into the Southwest will be a challenge for sure. I expect them to be better than Marion. I know Va High loses quite a few but they seem to be in reload mode. Lebanon may be able to compete with Richlands as well if they stay down. I know next year they are still playing Honaker and Castlewood, and are picking up Battle, which should be another team they should hopefully beat. That being said this year's Freshman and Sophmores are only going to get better. They should still be fun on offense. It would have been interesting to see how they would have done had they stayed in 1D. 

My initial prediction of 55 to 7 was almost spot on, the final was 54 to 6 LHS. It was also crazy that Governor Glenn Youngkin was there and Flipped the coin.

Finish strong  Pioneers 2 games to go, win them both and finish 7-3 and get a home playoff game.