Union@Lee High

VFL

3 minutes ago, VFL said:

Anyone got any opinions on this one? 

They match up relatively well size wise. Will the defense of Union prevail or will the scoring of Lee be too much. That is the question that will be answered tonight.

6 minutes ago, Wade_1 said:

They match up relatively well size wise. Will the defense of Union prevail or will the scoring of Lee be too much. That is the question that will be answered tonight.

I am thinking this one is going to be a pretty good game.  

Union was very lucky to win. Lee’s shot selection in OT was really bad. Officiating was what if always is. Seemed like they wanted to be seen, many off the ball offensive fouls, ejected a fan, moved ball placement on timeout, called a walk at the end of regulation or OT one but let period end and didn’t give Lee time, etc. 

Union’s defense was not very good, they let Lee get many open looks by not stopping the ball.

Teams better get their licks in on Union now. They had three kids score over 20 tonight, none are seniors. This team will get better as the year moves on and will be very good next season.

I agree with VFL and BSG Historian.  It was the best game I've watched in a very long time & Union was lucky to escape with the win.  Referees were horrible, and that is being nice.  Never seen so many moving screens called in a game.  Moore stayed on the refs from the 4th qtr on and they ended up getting some favorable calls (and non calls) until the end.  Wharton stepped up big for Union.