Surprises of the Mountain 7 so far?

pakdastands

22 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I would say Unions overall record. They are doing just fine in the region but loses to Lebanon and Chilhowie where big surprises considering what they have been the last few years. 

I would say Union overall played well considering what they have.  I think they caught Central at the right time or they wouldn't have gotten that W.  The next time they play each other might be a little different. You could see on paper that Lebanon was going to hard to deal with and certainly are.  

37 minutes ago, pakdastands said:

I would say Union overall played well considering what they have.  I think they caught Central at the right time or they wouldn't have gotten that W.  The next time they play each other might be a little different. You could see on paper that Lebanon was going to hard to deal with and certainly are.  

The lost to Chilhowie honestly stunned me. I know Chilhowie is a very well coached team and they have a lot of size I just didnt see them being able to compete with Union

8 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

The lost to Chilhowie honestly stunned me. I know Chilhowie is a very well coached team and they have a lot of size I just didnt see them being able to compete with Union

Chilhowie played well at the PVNB tourney at UVA Wise also.

I’m very happy with where Union is. I’m not sure what Honeycutt’s prognosis is but, when he plays I think they have lost once and that was to Mercer County Ky. Union is getting better, lost by 11 to Floyd over the weekend without Honeycutt and Bostic. 

If they could win one of the next three league games they will have about locked up a regional bid, which I think would be a great accomplishment. 

They haven't played Ridgeview, Abingdon or Gate City yet, the top in Mountain 7.  I am thinking they wont get one of the three.  Plus they play Lee again who went to double overtime, and Central who has played everyone to the wire. But they deserve credit yes, so far so good.