Narrows 83 Highland 60

SW_VA_boy

18-3, 9-1

Rd 3 with Parry McCluer Monday at James River to determine the regular season champ.   

Not much of a neutral site but that just confirms what I knew of the Pioneer District.   

5 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

So should it be at Giles? Lol

Would that be neutral?

No.  Narrows was wanting to play at East Mont.  East Mont voted with Narrows for them to host.  The rest of the district, whether it be principals or AD's, voted that down and voted for PM's proposal.  Travel time would've been the same for both and East Mont already had a game scheduled there already anyway.  Instead PM gets to travel 20 mins down the road to a gym they've played in twice already this year. So, it screws Narrows on travel, and screws a fellow member school out of potential revenue.  Dirtbag move by the other schools IMO but I know, if I was a Narrows coach going foward in any sport, I'd remember it. 

32 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

No.  Narrows was wanting to play at East Mont.  East Mont voted with Narrows for them to host.  The rest of the district, whether it be principals or AD's, voted that down and voted for PM's proposal.  Travel time would've been the same for both and East Mont already had a game scheduled there already anyway.  Instead PM gets to travel 20 mins down the road to a gym they've played in twice already this year. So, it screws Narrows on travel, and screws a fellow member school out of potential revenue.  Dirtbag move by the other schools IMO but I know, if I was a Narrows coach going foward in any sport, I'd remember it. 

Could have stayed in the MED and played the semifinal and final of the district tournament at Radford University. 

I kid, sort of. Narrows in the Pioneer will never not be strange to me. 

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Could have stayed in the MED and played the semifinal and final of the district tournament at Radford University. 

I kid, sort of. Narrows in the Pioneer will never not be strange to me. 

As you well know by now, we're on the same page here.  But what do ya do? 

Although, I will concede, the perk of host district tournament in your barn when you win the regular season is nice.

Still yet, hopefully we get out of it when the contract runs out since it's starting to become appearent neither side is particularly happy with the arrangement.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, SW_VA_boy said:

18-3, 9-1

Rd 3 with Parry McCluer Monday at James River to determine the regular season champ.   

Not much of a neutral site but that just confirms what I knew of the Pioneer District.   

Does it even matter really? You couldn't beat GW in 100.years and a 1,000 chances