New Abingdon FB Coach

SALTSHAKER

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What change? Football to Soccer Hows the construction of the new soccer field comming? Also if they hire the one you all are talking about why not bring back the coach the SB fired as an Asst coach? That would sale tickets on Fri night.And one other thing I hope 4-3 Al Lees door is in good shape because it will be getting alot of use next Fall when the cussens on the football field start back up.

coachftbl, What is your story? You have made no secret abour your interest in the Abingdon job; when are the interviews, who is getting interviewed, what does anyone know about the school and the program. You have asked a lot of questions, obviously not knowing a whole lot about the school or their search for a new coach. Now, all of the sudden, you have some inside information. Did you interview for the job? Was it offered to you? Or are you Jimmy Hess and just have all the answers?

I don't mean for this to come off as an attack on coachftbl, I just find it funny that so many people seem very interested in a program that everyone thinks is so poor and a school that everyone seems to have a beef with. Every idiot thinks he has the inside scoop.

Being an idiot myself...I heard Denny Green is going to take over. Abingdon already tried a college coach, they want to take their chances with a pro next.

What's this all about? Didn't they interview months ago? Our school and community needs a football coach now!!

WASHINGTON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS

812 Thompson Drive, Abingdon, Virginia 24210

Phone (276) 739-3000, Fax (276) 676-1926

February 2, 2007

HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

Abingdon High School

QUALIFICATIONS:

Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License; teaching assignment will depend on needs of the school.

Must possess demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, parents and administrators.

Must possess the abilities needed to be an effective instructional leader.

Must have successful experience in coaching football.

Must plan and implement a high quality athletic program that stresses fundamentals, teamwork and good sportsmanship.

Must plan and implement an off-season strengthening and conditioning program.

Must be committed to high academic standards.

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:

Effective Date: For the 2007-2008 school year. 220-day contract.

Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, starting at $35,387 (2006-2007 scale) plus coaching supplement of $4,070, with $40 added for each year of coaching experience. Master’s supplement if applicable.

Benefits: Employer-paid retirement and life insurance, medical/dental plans, sick days and personal days.

DEADLINE: February 16, 2007.

APPLY TO:

Athletic Director, Abingdon High School

705 Thompson Drive

Abingdon, VA 23210

(276) 739-3200

Selected applicants will be invited for an interview.

The Washington County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer