RHS Band?

Fresh_Prince

Why no halftime show and why didn't they play the whole game like Graham? It seemed like the only times they were playing were when we were on offense. Justin couldn't communicate with Compton because of the noise and it wasn't just from Graham it was from our own Band! If they are going to play they need to learn some more about football because it is common sense not to play as loud as you can while we are on offense. You need to make noise while the opponent is on offense! This is the playoffs!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also do not understand why they got two Charter buses last year to go to state and the football team only got one. The players that didn't get on the Charter were packed in an activity bus with no room to move at all. The band wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for the football team. Is it because of the money they have?

[ QUOTE ]

Justin couldn't communicate with Compton because of the noise and it wasn't just from Graham it was from our own Band!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the two bands were competing with each other. I agree though, I've been preaching it for a long time... silence on offense, noise on defense... silence on offense, noise on defense...

[ QUOTE ]

I also do not understand why they got two Charter buses last year to go to state and the football team only got one. The players that didn't get on the Charter were packed in an activity bus with no room to move at all. The band wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for the football team. Is it because of the money they have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a guess, but could it have something to do with the fact there are twice as many band members as football players?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we had to have 2...half of the band went to bristol at 6 n the morning for All-District tryouts...while the other half left from Rlandz at 10

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why no halftime show and why didn't they play the whole game like Graham?

[/ QUOTE ] Mr, Swartz said where it was thanksgiving break that he had too many people out to be able to perform the half time show...

[/ QUOTE ]

we really didnt have enough...we had bout 30 out

I haven't hardly heard anything from the band this year ...when they do play its always out of time with the game and I've noticed when the players are praying at the end of the game that the band yells something or plays something during there prayer time... no respect maybe,, maybe bad manners, who knows

Nah, they play. Just not non-stop like we want them too. As for yelling something during prayer time... The band is being addressed by Mr. Swartz during that time and the last thing they do before being dismissed is recite their chant "RHS BAND HA!" or something like that. It's the football team's voluntary prayer time not the band's.

Even if they had more people than the football team they shouldnt have got to take 2 charter buses because the football team is 10x more important than the band...the band doesnt understand that they wouldnt be at games if it wasn't for the football team, but still yet band gets all the money. they just dont understand football, you need to be silent on offense and loud on defense. it is also very disrespectful to play while the team is praying, i mean they should get their playing or whatever they do up there in during the game.

[ QUOTE ]

Even if they had more people than the football team they shouldnt have got to take 2 charter buses because the football team is 10x more important than the band...

[/ QUOTE ]what if all the band members wouldn't fit on one bus?

[ QUOTE ]

Even if they had more people than the football team they shouldnt have got to take 2 charter buses because the football team is 10x more important than the band...the band doesnt understand that they wouldnt be at games if it wasn't for the football team, but still yet band gets all the money. they just dont understand football, you need to be silent on offense and loud on defense. it is also very disrespectful to play while the team is praying, i mean they should get their playing or whatever they do up there in during the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Football may be more important to you, but does that mean it is more important to the 120 kids that make up that band? Most of them probably dont even enjoy the game of football, but they still stand out there week in and week out and cheer and play music (when aloud) to support their school and thier team. I can garauntee that all of the money that the band used to pay for those buses was raised by the kids and the band boosters... not a penny came from the school. Even if the band uses county school buses they have to pay the county to uses them. They get none of the money from admission to the football games, nor were they granted the visitor side concession stand a few years ago before the Lions club open theirs. So, you have no reason to give them a hard time about having two buses to travel with over 100 people when they work hard to raise thier money.

[ QUOTE ]

and is it just me or does there music sound pretty bad this year...i dont see how they win all those competitions. not just does it sound bad to me but it is a little weird too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you just have no appreceation for good music, other than Metalica.

what i meant was why did they have to take charter buses, y not school buses. its not just me who thinks the music is bad, no one even claps except the band parents at halftime, i know for sure they didnt one night. but what im saying is i dont think they appreciate the football team enough...they are the reason they get to travel to all the games. and they need to learn when to play and when not to play, cause it is hurting our team. but if you all would rather hear the band play than win a state championship, thas fine.

you may not understand the music...thats fine...this music is advanced and way too complicated 4 u...taking school busses takes forever...3 hrs on a bumpy school bus sucks...i assure you...and half of the kids dont care bout the games...i for 1 do...i love the sport of football...i understand it fully and i try to get them to shut up on offence...dont get offencive on us for taking 2 buses...you put 120+ kids on a charter...not happening...

[ QUOTE ]

what i meant was why did they have to take charter buses, y not school buses. its not just me who thinks the music is bad, no one even claps except the band parents at halftime, i know for sure they didnt one night. but what im saying is i dont think they appreciate the football team enough...they are the reason they get to travel to all the games. and they need to learn when to play and when not to play, cause it is hurting our team. but if you all would rather hear the band play than win a state championship, thas fine.

[/ QUOTE ]how old are you?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way he is talking he is about...12.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care if they took charter buses? They paid for them and they used them. Are you jealous? Sounds like you have something personal against the band? They are one of the most prestigious band programs in the state, and weather they play or not is not up to them. It is up to the director. So if you have a problem maybe you should call the band room and ask for Danny Swartz and let him know, instead of getting on hear, where many of the band students come to post about the team that they proudly support, and telling them they are not any good.