Wondering Richlands' take on Magna Vista-CC

Guest Woolybugger

Guest Woolybugger

I'm just looking for a Richlands opinion on Magna Vista vs. Carroll County. Yall played them both in the past three weeks, and may have a good idea about this one.

Both are very good. Both run the same style offense. Both kept the Richlands offense contained. MV and CC will both be trying to control the line of scrimage, and I expect the seconds to tick fast since niether team passes much. I predict Magna Vista to win a close one at "the hole".

After playing both teams here recently, I think that it should be an excellent game. Both teams are loaded with speed and have good lines. But I think MV has a little more speed and size. Playing at the HOLE is an big advantage.

MV-24

CC-21

Guest Woolybugger

Big D, do you feel like CC's defense can contain Magna Vista's speed? Looks like yall did a pretty good job of it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence RHS88. You guys played a heck of a ball game the other night. I got the game film in the mail the other day and Brown is a heck of a quarterback. He took some nasty hits from the Warrior's D and kept on trucking. After that sack down on the goal line in the 3rd I didn't know if he was going to take too much more after that but he took a hit the very next play and just shook it off. He was a class act quarterback.

[ QUOTE ]

Big D, do you feel like CC's defense can contain Magna Vista's speed? Looks like yall did a pretty good job of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they match up pretty well speed wise though Magna Vista is bigger. Richlands defense did pretty well against MV for the most part but we had a lot of trouble against Carroll's misdirection running. MV will have to handle that to win the game but I think they can.

Does Carroll County throw the ball at all?? They look to be a pretty run dominated team with two good back. MV definitely has size advantage and home field advantage but this one's for the Regional Championship and you know both teams will be pumped for the game. This will be a close one by all means as long as MV can keep those mental error penalties down!!!

Don't expect CC to pass much PD. Against us they were 2-4 for -4 yards. MV's best bet is try and make them pass by stopping the run with 8-9 in the box. But don't over pursue, because they love to use misdirection. They will pound the ball to one side several plays in a row then run a counter the other way.

I'm sure with tommorow being game day the Warrior's have a defensive scheme that they think will stop Carroll County!! Me being the Magna Vista fan that I am hopes that they do, but I'd still like to wish Carroll County good luck and have a safe game! I think the Warrior's can at least slow down the Carroll County running game, especially if all they do is run between the tackles. Magna Vista has some big hard hitting boys on their lines that can take the wind out of an offense very fast if given the chance. This should be a very good game. One more thing. How did Abingdon manage to get so many passing yards against Carroll County. Is their secondary not that great or was Abingdon's passing game just really on???

[ QUOTE ]

One more thing. How did Abingdon manage to get so many passing yards against Carroll County. Is their secondary not that great or was Abingdon's passing game just really on???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not real sure about Carroll's secondary. We only threw 15 passes against them (6-15-113). Abingdon was 9-19-115 yards against Richlands.

Also, They don't just run between the tackles. They love to get it outside as well. And they have the speed to turn the corner.

They run the wing-t,Its reminds you alot of Magna Vista's offence,Most of the running plays were off tackle and they love the inside reverse,which they will test it right up the middle some also,If they go to pass they like to roll the quarterback to his right and pass underneith the coverage,short passes 10-12 yard range..

I think Magna Vista is a little faster,not to say Carrol Co. does have any speed but some of their plays take time to develop,and with penetration it really can cause their offence big problems,one other factor, Magna Vista seems to be more physical..

CC doesn't need to throw the ball, just give it to Wengard and Beasley and watch the show. I like CC in this game. They have played 3 very good teams in Richlands, Graham, and a hard road game at Abingdon leading up to this MV matchup and i think the Graham game brought them back down to earth a little...I look for those boys to show up and try to prove something against MV, they have been crying for "respect" all year and now is where they will finally earn it.

I like CC to win 42-35 over MV in a barn burner.

Whoa.........that's a high scoring ball game right there. It's going to be hard for two ground dominant teams to each put up that many points. The defenses are alot better than that my friend. If you think Carroll County has had some tough games, you should look at Magna Vista's pre-district schedule. All three teams are in the playoffs. First game, William Fleming, up by 1 at half without their head coach but after losing 5 men on both sides of the ball Fleming came back after being dominated the first half and won. Next game against tough AAA Franklin County who's only losses come against Amherst, Pulaski County, and Liberty Bed and with wins against strong teams such as William Fleming and GW Danville. The game against Franklin County could have gone either way. The next game was against AAA Petersburg who are also in the AAA playoffs this year. The Warrior's were oversized and outmaned but not outsmarted. This win sparked their now 9 game winning streak. They've showed some weakness in the past few weeks in penalties but I can assure you they will come to play tommorow night. This won't be a high scoring game, the defenses are too good for that!!!!

Magna Vista-24 Carroll County-20 shocked.gif

This one is really too close to call if you ask me. It can go either way. I just think that the Warriors will have bounced back from their error filled game against Richlands to prove that they can play some football. People have had their doubts all season about this team and tommorow night will be the time to prove them all wrong. They have a chance to prove all of my suspicions throughout the season once and for all wrong!! I'll be honest, if you would have asked me earlier in the season if they would be in this position I would have said they have the potential but highly unlikely. They've showed me a few things as the season has progressed and I'm looking forward to see which Magna Vista team shows up. I guarantee you this team would love a rematch opportunity with William Fleming who is playing Liberty tommorow and Carroll County is the next one in their way!! This is going to be an awesome game, I just wish I could make it home for it, dang those stupid final exams!!!! cool.gif

Yet again like you predicted, that is going to be one heck of a defensive battle. If Fleming can get some offense going and their defense stays as strong as it has all year long I'm going with Fleming in the so called upset!!! On the flip side I think Liberty will be on a high after beating Heritage and it is going to be hard to knock them off. Either way it goes whoever wins the Region 3 crown this year can say they DESERVED it!!!! That has got to be the toughest region this year in AA hands down!!! Alot of people are saying that whoever wins Region 3 is going to the state championships but I know two Region 4 Division 4 teams that are playing tommorow night that may say otherwise!!!! wink.gif