POCA 21 BLUEFIELD 20 FinalOT

ghs1

That is truly heartbreakin' for all the Beaver players and fans that worked since July to get to this point. Valiantly done, Beavers; I commend you on a well-played season. One play does not determine all that you accomplished in the 2003 season.

Congratulations also, to the Poca fans, on a season well-played and well-fought out; your perserverence paid graciously in the end.

Well said. Bluefield has a very good team...and will be in the same position next year. Very well coached team! I commend Poca also for the win over such a talented Bluefield Beaver team. Bluefield Congrats on an excellent season!

Hell of a game and one hell of a season for the Beavers. Hope they hold their heads high on the trip home because that was one hell of a ballgame. Easily the best HS game I've caught this year. Yeah, obviously I caught it on the radio but I was lucky enough to catch it all without missing a play on the radio here in Peterstown. (Which shocked the hell out of my anyways) Congrats on the great season.

Great job Bluefield. This game could have easily swung the other way...its the way things work out sometimes and life works just the same...but ya just keep on going with your head up and something good will come out of this for those who do. CONGRATS on a great season Bluefield!

The game came on around 11pm/midnight last night on a Charleston/Hunington CBS. I found it at the start of the second quarter, in the midst of Poca's first TD drive. It was a great game, but I believe the Beavers were lucky to play the Dots to 14-14 in regulation. Poca moved the ball really well from the point I watched on. Santmyer seemingly got into the Secondary on every run, slipping through DL and LB tackles. Much credit to Poca's OL, they gave him the holes and he took chunk yardage.

Bluefield's speed was impressive, bar none the fastest team overall I have seen all year, but the utilization on offense seemed boneheaded. The OL could not win the war in the trenched, as Jose Steele (sp) couldn't get much in the middle (then again, nobody could). However, Bluefield's outside running worked really well, as the WRs, FBs, and pulling OL block the outside perfectly, hence the two big TD runs. If not for the poorly thrown, shoulda caught it screen pass to Steele, Bluefield likely wins this game in regulation.

Much credit to Kelly Marriotti (sp) and Rusty Coeburn on defense, they are tackling machines.

Josh