The bluefields should have a blue field

buzzsawBeaver

Great idea. Then the Super Six could be moved out of Wheeling. That would be cool for a high school field, especially with the name Bluefield. BUT would the Graham people go for that?

Guest MagicMan

When we put in the new turf (all synthetic, not a blend) it cost about 450k to put the turf in the stadium (700k for both the stadium and our IPF). Maintenance for natural gras was approximately 50k per year, so after 10 years, it pays for itself. It's guaranteed for 10 years, but may last longer...

Edited for article link Daily Mississippian

that's hillarious...if i had a few million i'd just build my own sports complex...lol.

Sounds like a good idea to me, you could get Pepsi to make it look like a pepsi can with yard markers and have them foot the bill...big Pepsi logo at mid-field...lol.

Sure graham would go fot it. They're bluefield to. Of course maybe they wouldn't, but it would be cool.

Even though it's in wv, I'd have bluefield beavers in the south endzone and graham g - man in the north, and mid field something to do with each team or the bluefield's. How about the free lemonade over 90 degrees in bluefield logo instead of pepsi lance? Not really of course.

That is the thing about that field turf for stadiums that do have a lot of expense to maintain them, it does pay for itself to a certain extent..

Lance I know what you're sayin about building a complex, I've often though it would be good if bluefield actually had a good basketball only complex somewhere. Granted most schools have those things known as gyms, but we're talking what ifs of course.

That said as for football though, nothing could ever replace mitchell stadium for area folks, at least certainly not bluefield. I certainly can't speak for graham but I don't know, maybe they would be more incline to have a stadium on the va. side for themselves. Not to start that topic again, but anyhow their hearts would still be at mitchell stadium though.