TAZEWELLS COACH (who will it be)?

mike

Hey guys any of you heard who was going to coach the Tazewell bulldogs next year? I have heard a rumor that the coach from Gate City may come back to Tazewell. What do you guys think?

i do not think that simmons would leave beaver at this time with the beavers doing very good and tazewell not so good. would take a brave head coach to leave a successful program like beaver to go to a program in the shape that tazewell is in at the moment, not to say that the right coach could not bring tazewell back to the way it was in the early days and simmons probably could do it but why should he leave where he is now.

The Tazewell job is going to be a hard sell, especially to an established coach at a good program, b/c of various issues that exist there. Tazewell is a prime example of what happens when politics run a high school sports program.

I would be very surprised to see Colobro leave GC for Tazewell considering the talent at GC and having just won a state title. In addition, there is no way Freddie Simon would even entertain the thought of leaving Bluefield for another high school job around here, especially at the likes of Tazewell. Simon graduated from Bluefield, played at Bluefield, and has it made at Bluefield with the talent and monetary backing the program receives.

It will be hard to tell when we will hear about the new coach. as long as Doc. G. is picking the coach it's hard to tell who it will be and when we will know who it is... doc.g. is a joke!!!

Everyone seems to know so much about the new Tazewell coach except the school itself. Seems that the job was just posted last week and that the cut off date for applicants is the 23rd of January. So how can they start interviewing before the cut off date for applicants?

Thanks for clearing that up! I've heard SO MANY rumors (most of it wishful thinking) that its getting stupid! Folks don't understand that hiring a HS coach is MUCH different than a college or pro team hiring a coach...there are no "contract negotiations" (I heard that one the other day) over salary and such (that is something that is set by the school board - take it or leave it).

Hopefully Tazewell will receive some quality applicants for the position and hopefully the school board will hire the right person!