AA Va all-state in paper today

Lovebone

That's great Brown and Bradshaw made it...Aaron Marcum from Grundy should have made at least second team LB...IMHO he is the best linebacker in the state, and not just becasue he plays for Grundy. Just my opinion.

You could argue that Bovenizer from Graham should have made it also, that kid had a great year, esp. the last few weeks.

I will have the whole list up here in a few....

His numbers were better than 90% of the other kids that made it but from what I just read The Bristol Paper had to nominate him and they didnt.We come from small town USA and nobody really cares.

The part that is messed up is that the kid from Abingdon made it and he didnt.Aaron had more solos than most kids had total tackles.Aaron also is not a dirty player but a team player. Next week I am gonna post a cheap shot from that same "All State" player on here and you all be sure to tell me what you think as he could have easily broke Aarons back by doing what he did. I didnt think All State players hit other ones in the back from behind because they were getting manhandled all night by someone.

Well...this was the AP All State, I think the coaches and VHSL also have an ALL State team don't they? Maybe not...I dunno?

I think he had a great year and deserves to be on there, but I guess the AP people know more about our area football than we do. Bristol paper is a joke...they wouldn't give anyone other than VA High, Abingdon, or Gate City any credit unless you paid them...then they would probably still screw it up.

Oh well, next year looks good...in fact it looks really good.

hey guys, chill out. the coaches poll is what everyone goes by. not a bunch of newspaper people that have never seen half of the kids play. if a player makes first team all region, the worse he can be is honorable mention all state. marcum and lee both will be some team all state later this month. so relax and enjoy life a little.