Allen Iverson traded to Nuggets

89bluedevil

Allen Iverson has tentatively been dealt to the Nuggets for Joe Smith, Andre Miller, and 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft.

The fight was the beginning of the end for Denver's season, in my opinion, and acquiring Iverson will do more harm than good.

Didn't think there were any NBA fans on here for a second.

While Melo and Smith are suspended, Denver will stay afloat. However, when they are reinstated I don't think that Iverson can share the ball for them to win. They won't be able to stay first and second in scoring while on the same team.

You never know with AI, he may just realize that he is at the end of his career and his only hope of winning a title is with some young stud (melo).

He may want to share the ball because he knows it will give him the final piece of his missing res'ume.

It won't be like in Philly where he was foced to take all the shots because the rest of his team sucked.

I believe it was Bethel. We should not forget that he was the III player of the year in both football and basketball his junior year. (don't ask about his senior year, chair throwing and jail.)

Oh I wasn't saying there's no talent from that area. It's one of the best talent beds in the country. I was just saying that I couldn't think of anybody who went to Bethel but Jimmy Williams. I mean if I were to make a list good players from that area it would be quite lengthy.

Yeah, seeing how I am a HUGE Iverson and 76ers fan I say it was a pretty even trade. I am gonna start likeing the Nuggets alot now, call me a bandwagon if you want, but they are gonna explode. I see Iverson going back to his MVP days in steals, because he has big man now behind him (Nene, Camby, Reggie Evans) so he can take chances. IHe averages 10 assist a game already in 2 games, just wait until he gets Smith and Melo back. I really see them as one of hte best all around teams now. They have the fast past to run with the Suns, and they have the big men to go against the Spurs with. On the other hand, 76ers got what they wanted, which was more draft picks. They will be in the running for the #1 pick now, aka Greg Oden. Iguodala is good, Korver can shoot threes like crazy, and Andre Miller is a good solid vet.I say them thre with DSalembert (big fan of him, if he was on a Suns team he would dominate in my opinion) and Oden they will contend in the East for the next couple of years.

i think the Nuggets are still missing a huge link in winning the West and advancing to the Finals. The link is already on their team not on the IR, Kenyon Martin. He is a huge part of the team and I dont think that Nene can completely fill his shoes.

Why not? Nene can average 10 and 5, while Kenyon averaged about 16 and 7-8 rebounds. The only real difference is Nene doesnt have the vertical Kenyon does.The starting five will be when everyone comes back is Iverson, J.R. Smith, Melo, Nene, and Camby. Coming off the bench will be Evans, Earl Boykins (him and Iverson are two fastest players in the NBA), and Eduardo Najera (who can shoot from the 3 while being a big man). This team will be in the playoffs, and once everyone gets back I see them going far. As for the Sixers, I hope they get Greg Oden laugh.gif

Nene doesnt bring the energy and intensity K-Mart brings. The player that Iverson hurts the most will be Smith who was coming along very nicely but his role will be drastically reduced with A.I. in the line-up.