Predictions In AA For 2004 (Poll)

Pdot

Carroll County @ Magna Vista  

1. 1. Carroll County @ Magna Vista

I honestly don't know pdot. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be any 1 team that returns so much to the point that they should be favorites. That said, in my opinion 3 teams that I expect should do well that I know of are weir, wayne and bluefield, I'm certain there are others.

It could be another season like '02 when there were a number of aa playoff teams capable of earning the title.

Certainly there are other possibilities I didn't mention, like in this area mount view or james monroe perhaps, but those 3, in particular, wayne and weir, seem to be highlighted in my mind.

As I've written before, bluefield has some very key plaers graduate, so while I expect them to be a playoff team, not certain about them being real contenders, but I mention them with wayne and weir because of their record in aa, where it seems that unless they have a down season of sorts, or are very inexperienced, they still seem to compete well on the aa level.

Even in '00 when bluefield was something around what 4 - 6, they were a good playoff caliber team but their schedule was much stronger than the other aa teams then, and in my opinion their schedule isn't quite as hard presently as it was in the '90s and in '00. I thought the '00 and '98 teams would have likely been around 7- 3 with the average aa schedule.

I've written before a long while ago of course, but I've always had the opinion that even the strongest teams in aa in '00, wayne, wyoming east and bridgeport, might have started no better than 1 - 4, maybe 2 - 3 at best, against graham, princeton, greenbrier east, pulaski county and beckley, considering the caliber of those teams that season.

Bluefield was 1 - 4 and I recall most people outside of the area assumed they were really bad.

Because of youth and inexperience the '01 team was really the only bluefield team that was in over their heads as far as not being able to compete with a lot of aa teams throughout the decade they've been in aa.

So with their 50% of the time title game history in aa, I "expect" them to compete well in aa.

A side mention, the last 2 titles bluefield has earned, 1 in aaa and the other in aa, I had had the honest opinion that the previous season was the season for bluefield, and they seemed to graduate key players, as they do this season. So each of bluefield's last 2 titles were earned with teams that were sort of considered in the shadows of the previous season's team, at least considered that way by myself.

I wouldn't count on history to bet on bluefield, but in this case I must admitt bluefield has the potential to surprise me in '04 based on history.

Congrats again to the dots and good fortune in '04.

Your probably are right, but four would be really nice. But will the Beavers have the "sources" to make it back a third straight year also? I think not. Then again, it would be awesome if both teams made it back and played again. (on better turf)

Well said Buzzsaw. After playing Wayne this year ( and losing) I think they will be the team to beat next year. They were extremely young in 03' and have a lot of kids returning. There is even the rumor that one of our Poca starters is transferring down there. He goes to church in that area and he knows all of their players. And I so agree with Bluefields strength of schedule. ( I also think Poca is in the top five of that category) They (Bluefield) always play one of the toughest around regardless of the class. That is why Poca enjoyed the home/away series we had with Bluefield during the regular season in years past. Ever since the 95' semi final game with Bluefield at Poca, they have been one of Poca's biggest rivalries and hopefully it will continue for years to come. Good luck to the Beavers and yourself in 2004 also and have a wonderful New Year.

going into the preseason, from what i seen this year and have been readign, id have to give the nod to Wayne for 04..i was looking past Westside when they played and i was kinda worried bout a Wayne/ Blfd matchup..they are always tough

i neglected to mention WEIR, they have some young players and they sure put up a fight, so i wouldnt be suprised to see them in the running late in the season..but...GO BEAVS

I hear that.....Can someone help me? I posted this message and poll, confused.gifbut it will not let me see the results so far. Am i doing something wrong or can someone tell me the results as of 1-10-04? Thanks confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the results so far? After I put in my vote, I never have been able to see the results? Help please? Just because I am from Poca doesnt mean I am bad! confused.gif

We know you're not bad because you're from poca. We just prefer 2 out of 3 for the title from now on.

That said, I knew wheeling would install field turf to retain the games, how a city would be so intent on hosting the games that they were able raise over 1 millions $s on short notice for it is beyond me.

Hope all is well pdot.

Bluefield Beavers

40 40%

Poca Dots

11 11%

Mount View Golden Knights

9 09%

Oak Hill Red Devils

0 0%

Westside Renegades

0 0%

James Monroe Mavericks

5 05%

Keyser Golden Tornado

0 0%

Winfield Generals (haha..just a joke)

1 01%

Wayne Pioneers

2 02%

Sissonville Indians

0 0%

Tolsia Rebels

18 18%

Scott Skyhawks

0 0%

Frankfort Falcons

0 0%

Weir Red Raiders (?)

5 05%

Ravenswood Red Devils

0 0%

Tyler Consolidated Silver Knights

0 0%

Logan Wildcats

0 0%

Chapmanville Tigers

0 0%

West Virginia Mountaineers

4 04%

Other (Please List In Post)

3 03%

[ QUOTE ]

Your probably are right, but four would be really nice. But will the Beavers have the "sources" to make it back a third straight year also? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield only loses 5-6 players from last years team, and while a few of them are key skill players, we have the talent for others to step in for them. To not consider them an early favorite, along with Wayne and Weir, is laughable.

• 6 months later...