Princeton Holiday Tournament

bluefieldRocks

If any team thinks the competition isn't good enough for them, then stay out of the tournament. No team is made to play that don't want to. Regardless who is in it don't mean there won't be blowouts. Teams change from year to year.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

the reason bluefield and princeton BOTH play weak teams is so that they will both make it to the championship easy so that it will sell out and make a lot of money... which it does... its a set up deal so that both teams will play each other in the championship, thats a pretty good game everytime they play... and the reason that princeton beats bluefield most the time is cause they slow down the game and make bluefield play there slow paced game, not the run and gunnin offense that bluefield usually plays, that gets bluefield completely outta there game and thats why princeton usually wins that game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too mention the tournament is sponsored by First Community Bank every year. Its almost nescessary to have the Bluefield - Princeton match up.

[ QUOTE ]

the reason bluefield and princeton BOTH play weak teams is so that they will both make it to the championship easy so that it will sell out and make a lot of money... which it does... its a set up deal so that both teams will play each other in the championship, thats a pretty good game everytime they play... and the reason that princeton beats bluefield most the time is cause they slow down the game and make bluefield play there slow paced game, not the run and gunnin offense that bluefield usually plays, that gets bluefield completely outta there game and thats why princeton usually wins that game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your basketball knowledge....the same guy that bashes his team and touts his accomplishments on here as a player...and is terrible...haha Tell me the record between us the past five years between Princeton and Bluefield in this holiday tournament...Please do so K FED

[ QUOTE ]

and the reason that princeton beats bluefield most the time is cause they slow down the game and make bluefield play there slow paced game, not the run and gunnin offense that bluefield usually plays, that gets bluefield completely outta there game and thats why princeton usually wins that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better do some research before you post again. Bluefield owns Princeton in basketball and has won 12 of the 13 meetings. In fact, going back to 1994-95 Princeton has only managed to beat Bluefield 6 times and the two have played no less than twice each in each season. Three of those wins came in Daniel Reed's senior season at Princeton when Princeton swept three games against Bluefield.

i was mainly talkin about last year and the year before... its not like i trashed bluefield, all i said is princeton plays a slow paced game and it makes it a better game because of there different styles of play, thats the only way a team can beat bluefield is to make them play a slower paced game, cause no one can run and score with them

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Those refs were horrible! Both ways as well... James Monroe got the short end of the stick though, they probably should be playing Bluefield tonight. But Mike Eades (ACC official) did not agree with them at all. Neither did any other ref that i knew in the stands last night... I just hope they aren't doing the Bluefield game...

[ QUOTE ]

i was mainly talkin about last year and the year before... its not like i trashed bluefield, all i said is princeton plays a slow paced game and it makes it a better game because of there different styles of play, thats the only way a team can beat bluefield is to make them play a slower paced game, cause no one can run and score with them

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is 5-1 versus Princeton the past two years. You're point is taken though, if you slow Bluefield down and make them play a half-court game they won't be as effective. Princeton will do that tonight, they'll slow the pace down offensively and play a zone defense on the other end. Princeton is capable of being successful employing such a philosophy tonight, which is why I say this will be a great opportunity to gauge Bluefield's team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is 5-1 versus Princeton the past two years. You're point is taken though, if you slow Bluefield down and make them play a half-court game they won't be as effective. Princeton will do that tonight, they'll slow the pace down offensively and play a zone defense on the other end. Princeton is capable of being successful employing such a philosophy tonight, which is why I say this will be a great opportunity to gauge Bluefield's team.

[/ QUOTE ]

but there all close games cause of princetons style of play, i went to the game at bluefield state last year that bluefield won and it was a great game from beginning to end... and yeah thats all i was mainly sayin is princetons half court offense is what makes that game a great game to watch...

didnt princeton beat bluefield the first two times they played them last year? then bluefield won the 3rd time? not completely sure on that but thats what i had thought happened and a few other ppl told me that its what happened to...

-------------------------------------------------------

Are we counting the holiday tournament? because we lost it 2 years in a row. And then princeton beat us 1 time during the regular season also??