Princeton Holiday Tournament

bluefieldRocks

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield vs. Pike View at 6pm

Princeton vs. James Monroe at 8pm

Thoughts on the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, skip the blowouts of tomorrow night and show up on Friday night for an epic Bluefield/Princeton showdown in the championship game. This tournament could really be something if they would replace PikeView and James Monroe with some decent teams.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield vs. Pike View at 6pm

Princeton vs. James Monroe at 8pm

Thoughts on the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point of having James Monroe and PikeView is to have a Bluefield vs Princeton final.

Yeah, skip the blowouts of tomorrow night and show up on Friday night for an epic Bluefield/Princeton showdown in the championship game. This tournament could really be something if they would replace PikeView and James Monroe with some decent teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

----------------------------

Princeton 73

James Monroe 67

I wouldn't call that a blowout....

James Monroe for sure. That number 10 for james monroe was a beast. He was swishing treys like it was nothing.

The only thing i can say about princeton for friday is that they came back. Bluefield has played JV and second string players every game this season. We wont be able to do that against princeton. Im wondering if gilliard has them in shape enough to play the whole game

i wondered the same thing, i think thats why we didnt press pikeview that much last night, cause the starters didnt come out till bout 3 mins to go in the game....why didnt turquan dress??

Tomorrow night will tell a lot about exactly where this Bluefield team is and how much they can accomplish. You can argue that it's only the fourth game of the season, that it's December, etc. However, it will give us a clear picture of the maturity and mental standpoint of this team. Over the past two years in six games between Princeton and Bluefield, Princeton has outplayed, outhustled, and simply wanted the games more. They play harder, more focused, and were more consistent. Yes, Bluefield is 5-1 in the last 6 games, but they played down to Princeton's level when they clearly had the better teams. Princeton has a much improved team this year. If Bluefield doesn't play with urguency, desire, focus, and heart tomorrow night Princeton will eat Bluefield alive b/c Princeton will play with all those things I guarantee you that.

After seeing princeton play last night. I will disagree with you on that "there better than last year" statement. They could get nothing going offensivley until late in the game. There shooting was terrible, they couldnt block out. They were out of shape taking huge deep breaths of air during time outs and on the court

But what would i know i suppose, i've just been to every bluefield/princeton game for the past 4 years

[ QUOTE ]

After seeing princeton play last night. I will disagree with you on that "there better than last year" statement. They could get nothing going offensivley until late in the game. There shooting was terrible, they couldnt block out. They were out of shape taking huge deep breaths of air during time outs and on the court

But what would i know i suppose, i've just been to every bluefield/princeton game for the past 4 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait until tomorrow night, Princeton will bring the A+ game. Their players will be jack and sky high as will their crowd. It'll be electric and the Bluefield side, players and fans, had better match it or it'll be a slaughter. And despite one bad game, Princeton is definitely a better team then they were a year ago. They're more experienced, they're talented, and they understand the new system better.

That's absolutely right Rules, Princeton will have their A game just like everyone else brings when they play Bluefield. I have to say that this Beavers team is just plain scary as long as they keep the pressure on defense and the transition and one on ones on offense. I don't think there is a team in AA that can handle us one on one. The game could be very interesting if PHS runs a zone defense, which I'm pretty sure they will, I know BHS has the ability to hit threes, they just havent had to yet

James Monroe could of had an OJ Mayo and couldn't have won with the clowns in pin stripes they had on the court last night.

It's an insult to High School Basketball.

Thoughts on the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point of having James Monroe and PikeView is to have a Bluefield vs Princeton final.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually love the fact that the tournament is set up for a Bluefield/Princeton match up. As said before, that gives us three matchups. At least there's always a clear cut winner in the rivalry and we don't have to fear the dreaded "split" like we do with Graham, sometimes, just not this year. Who wants a split? Two out of three rocks.

Fine, thats what YOU expect. But people in this area expect to see their local teams, and that's why PVHS adn JMHS are included. Those teams put more people in the stands, that makes money, which is what the tournament is designed to do, bring in dollars. If you get teams from far away, they will certainly bring some fans, but not many, because of the time of the year. Alot of people are out of town or have family in from out of town. They aren't going to travel to Princeton for that game. Those matchups you mentioned are like 1st or 2nd round NCAA tournament games. Do you hate the whole tournament because the early games are too easy for good teams?

Those teams deserved to be in there because of there records if your talking about the NCAA tournament. Geroge Mason deserved to be in there because of there records. People wouldnt come to see there team to get clobbered, they'd rather come to see a good matchup. Do you think more people would come to a Duke/UNC game or showup to a FSU/UVA basketball game? ofcourse the Duke/UNC because better teams. It makes all the sense in the world to have good teams play in the tournament rather than a blowout in the first two and then a good one in the championship. I'd like to have Bluefield,Princeton,Mt.View,Wyoming East play. Trust me, seeing all those good matchups. More of there fanbase would travel to see such a good game rather than the matchups we currently have for a blowout, Much like Last nights game between Bluefield and Pike View..

It ridiculus to think that having 2 top notch squads and 2 not so good teams in a 4 team tournament would be better than having 4 superior teams playing. But if thats your way of thinking. Keep thinking like that

the reason bluefield and princeton BOTH play weak teams is so that they will both make it to the championship easy so that it will sell out and make a lot of money... which it does... its a set up deal so that both teams will play each other in the championship, thats a pretty good game everytime they play... and the reason that princeton beats bluefield most the time is cause they slow down the game and make bluefield play there slow paced game, not the run and gunnin offense that bluefield usually plays, that gets bluefield completely outta there game and thats why princeton usually wins that game...