Graham's schedule in Beckley...

Guest Woolybugger

Guest Woolybugger

Can anyone tell me who and when Graham plays in Beckley this week? Thanks.

I'll break it down so you don't have scroll through that entire schedule trying to find Graham.

Thursday: Graham vs Laurinburg Institute @ 3pm

Friday: Graham vs Capitol @ 3pm

Saturday: If they beat Capital they'll play @ 9pm that night in the championship game and if they lose they'll play @ 12:30 that afternoon in the consolation game.

Beckley and Ripley are the other two in the AAA division that Graham will compete against. Beckley will most likely defeat Ripley meaning if Graham beats Capital they'll face Beckley and if they lose they'll face Ripley. The Graham/Captial game is a toss up, but Graham would easily defeat Ripley IMO and finish no worse than 3rd place.

I'm quite sure that was Graham's decision to do so. The Coal Classic officials would not have put them in the AAA division without the folks at Graham agreeing to it. I believe it's a great move by the G-Men and it'll only help them come tournament time...

thanks but even if graham requested that i am curious why the promoters of the classic did it anyway especially since graham beat 3a capitol today i feel that it could hurt capitol in rankings unless this tournament doesnt count in wv in the state rankings. i am not complaining just wondering what if graham was to win it all as a 2a school would the classic ask them back next year to play in the same division. i am proud of the gmen today they showed what they are made of and also how they played yesterday being outmaned and all still hung in with the more talented team. and it will only help them later on in the year.