Bluefield 77 James Monroe 65 FINAL

GMan

Just getting home; been at the hospital for the past couple of hours. Anyways, Bluefield just showed up for this game and that's about it. The crowd was asleep, the team was asleep, and it just wasn't a very enthusiastic atmosphere tonight at Bluefield. Things like that happen you play a winless team, but credit JM for making some plays and keeping the game close. JM had a new coach tonight and the team looks a LOT better than they have in three years. I was surprised and impressed by their play tonight...

Listening to it on the radio, it sounded as if the announcer and the two teams were the only ones in the gym...I know that's not true because the parking lot at the HS was full when I drove by.

The crowd was dead for the most part. They began to get into the game when the Beavers finally turned up the defense and took the lead out to 20 with about three miuntes left to play. I guess after the game last Friday night (Beckley), tonight was a pretty boring game to watch. I mean it's hard to get up for a team that hasn't won a game and that hasn't ever beaten you.

The parking lot was very deceiving tonight. We got there at 6:30 and the parking lot was already packed, so I thought there was a good size crowd inside. The home side was about 3/4 full, but the JM side had only about 20-25 people on it when we got there.