Maurice Kitchens (William Fleming)...Marshall

Doug Legursky (Woodrow Wilson)...Marshall

Franklin Martin (Martinsville)...James Madison

Jacob Phillips (Bath Co.)...William & Mary

T.J. Slagle (Virginia High)...Carson-Newman

Joe Thomas (Mount View)...Concord

Greg Vineyard (Mount View)...Hofstra

Sam Wheeler (Blacksburg)...Virginia Tech

Anthony Hayes (Princeton)...Marshall (partial scholarship)

Adam Hughes (Princeton)...WVU (invited walk-on)

I will continue to update the list as more names/schools come in.

None are major D1 players b/c of their size, but they could certainly play some mid-major D1 college football with some seasoning at a prep school. I believe someone once questioned Charlie Tynes ability to play major D1 college football and he silenced those critics with his play at Marshall over the past three years...

I'll name two, but judging by your approach to this thread I'm sure you'll have something negative to say about each. These are merely my opinion, just as your already preconceived thought that no one from Bluefield has D1 is merely your opinion.

Jose Steele--He has the size and ability to play D1, but he has to keep his head on straight and work for it.

Kelly Mariotti--Good size, good talent, and very savvy on the field. He has a nose for the ball and could play D1 football b/c his instincts are outstanding.

I agree, both Steele and Marriotti could play D-1. I would also add Pannell, but he just isn't tall enough. Kelly plays both sides of the ball well, and plays with tons of heart.

I was told the coaches from LSU told Pannell if he was four or five inches taller that would have given him a free ride there. The kid is an outstanding player, but being only 5'11" really hurts him. I know at one point this season I was told LSU had invited him to walk-on there, but I'm not sure about the offer...

I disagree on both, but on deeper reflection of my own inquiry I would give a nod to the place kicker. I'm sorry that I don't remember the young man's name. I saw Bluefield play five or six times this year, and I just don't see the talent in these guy's that you people do.

Ok this isn't my dad this is the student. Personally yea I think Jose would be a GREAT D-1 player. But personally I have little respect for Kelly Mariotti... He seems to arrogant(sp) and I just all around don't like him. Also I have hit him before on the field... He isn't that strong, because if his strength could help him in D-1 this might be to far but I would say almost anyone could be D-1 worthy. As for Pannell out of all the Beavers coming from a G-Man, he has my fullest respect, and I hope he does and I think he would be worth being D-1.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

jose steele has what it takes but he hasnt got any better since he was a sophmore. in my opinion he was better his junior year then his senior year. pannell has what it takes but like everyone else says he's not tall enough. where is williams going to go? i dont know about mariotti

It's been more than a month and still there is no reply to the question of where all these living legends from Bluefield are going to play at the Division 1A level.

On the other hand, you "Beaver Believers" make for some good laughs.