Richlands 2004

rhsfan88

I heard they had another good QB on the way to take Brown's place...not sure how much depth they have in the DB positions, and losing an all state caliber DB is hard to fill...they seem to have good depth in the backfield and always have good linemen...so I think they will be in the 3 horse race with Grundy and Graham for the SWD...Tazewell and Carroll County will not factor I don't think...CC lost a LOT of kids and will probably take a year or two for them to reload...Tazewell has to much movement this year for them to be a factor, they are probably 3 years away from stability and making a run (if they can keep the new coach that long).

Grundy looks to have an explosive offense this year and Graham has a sleeper in Henry I think...everyone licking their chops thinking Bradshaw is gone and they can whip up on Graham is going to find out Henry is a quality back who can carry the load just fine....so looks to be another good tight season in the SWD.

Just my .02

Brown will be tough to replace. He wasn't the most disciplined QB but he got the job done and had the ability to completely take over a game. He was also an excellent DB who will be tough to replace on defense. Pretty much everything else is there for a great season though. If the new QB doesn't make too many mistakes, and Mance doesn't choke when the game is on the line, I would say Richlands has a very good chance to win the SWD.

i think richlands will be tough but the district will go to graham or grundy [this game will be a classic] both teams have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball but i think the defense edge will go to graham, they have a LOT of experence returning plus a young man that was injured the 3rd practice and did not play this past season, believe me if he stays healthy he will be a BIG impact player. grundy probably has the edge on offense and home field is always a plus. tazewell will be better this year with maybe a possible upset and for carroll-well they had their season last year I hear tell of grayson joining or playing the SWD- only one thing to say there-REMEMBER LEBANON.

all in all this may be one of the best years for SWD teams, at least some of the most competitive games and most knows when its on the line usually the team with the most heart wins.

good luck to all teams-with out all of you friday nights would be BORING

On the post by Jeffro... lol You said that grundy has the edge with home field... Depending on who you were refering to them playing since at that time you were talking about Graham and Grundy I will have to correct you, if you recall this past season... Graham played up there... so that means that Grundy is coming down to bluefield to have a taste of the G-Men home field. But if you weren't reffering to Graham Grundy sorry for the comment

your right they are at mitchell stadium this year [i was at the grundy game and still forgot--goes with age]

i believe this game will be a toss up because both teams will play with all their heart - cant wait

go G-men

hey lance a thought then maybe grundy should play all their games away might help them if they play better away than at home. and just for everyone i am not a student at graham though my son uses my name here now and then he is still young like all highschool kids lol.i am looking forward to the graham grundy game i feel that it will be a classic game between the two schools

nah they just seem to play Graham better @ Graham it seems like...probably more along the lines of what is on the line at the time they play vs. just being luck....i dunno...thats just my take on it. Grundy has a few more home games this year and they play well at home also...I was just saying that about them vs. Graham.

i know you were i just wanted to razz you a bit. i know that grundy always plays graham much better here than at grundy and always will. i think i remember a game that had to be delayed up here one year because of a bad thunder storm and it was a very good game even then.i enjoy the graham grundy games almost as much as graham beaver game so good luck to grundy except when they play the gmen here next year