Tazewell

Bulldogs52

Gate City is a great football team, great tradition. Just be carefull this message baord loves to jump on AA teams that play A teams hahahaha At any rate I think that is good team to pick up for Tazewell, should be a good series.

[ QUOTE ]

They dropped Tazewell just like the rest of the SWD because they didn't want to get humilated by all of those schools. I beleive they still have a larger enrollment than Tazewell and Graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they have alot more kids than either Tazewell or Graham and are dropping to A.....I guess with the recent success of some teams from this area who drop to play smaller schools, Va High thought it would be a good idea.

its fine....i wasnt implying the rhs drop from div 4 to div 3 on that one.....i was mainly talkin about how gate city and lebanon have dropped to A and have improved their winning percentage to do so

Why wouldn't Lebanon and Gate City drop to A? If I only had roughly 600 kids in my school, I wouldn't want to compete against so much larger schools either. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason Lebanon joined the Highlands in the mid 90s was because they got voted out of the Hogo and didn't want to join the Black Diamond, that was kind of before my time so I really don't know much about what happened. Lebanon has done about as well in single A as they did in AA and Gate City has had a good run of athletes over the past 5-6 years which has allowed them to win all those state titles in different sports. I think this year, GC's talent is about equal with the rest of Region D...