VHS BASKETBALL

bearcats

Last night Vhs basketball lost AGAIN. This time to Abingdon by 25 after being tied at halftime. I don't understand what is wrong with this program. Could it be coaching? How can the McClanahan kid go for 25 against Graham, who by the way be Abingdon twice, and only score 2 against Abingdon? Maybe because the coach barely played him against Abingdon. Don't understand...frustrated...need answers. Is it time for a change already in the coaching ranks for Vhs basketball. By the way CONGRATS to Vhs girls for winning district. At least we have one good coach in basketball.

I honestly believe it is coaching. They run the same offense of play everytime. They try to go down low in the post and we dont have a post man who can score. Also on defense he never runs a press even when they get down by more than 10 pts. Also he does way to much substiting. He didnt McClahan hardly at all or Daniel Tripplet, their two best shooters. Then he takes out TJ Slagle after making two 3 pointers. He also played Tyler Clark way too much. Clark just doesnt need to be playin high school basketball. He came in the game and made two straight turnovers, then shot an air ball but for some reason the coach left him in most of the game. Also I believe he should have tried to run a zone some this season. Man to man never really worked for them.

This VHS team isnt that great but they could be a lot better if they had a different coach. Its too bad Barry Reed cant coach the boys and girls team.

I tend to agree that it is probably coaching. As bad as I hate to say it, even when coach Lee was in charge, he had some concept of what was going on. Now, they just run around in circles until someone gets open. Then if you are open after the first pass you cannot shoot because you have to pass the ball. Feed the post. Our post people can not catch the ball or do anything with it when they get it. When Mitchell was first hired everyone was told that they would play an up tempo game. I haven't seen it. That would suit the makeup of this team better than what we are trying to do now.. which I have yet to figure out what that is. It would be nice to gave gotten a coach that could have got the most out of these kids and the kids enjoyed playing for.