AA powers go down

twopac

these games were last night but i havent had the chance to post em because of work and the g-girls game t/n..but tolsia defeated logan 69-66, and poca defeated hoover 72-69..that leaves only 2 unbeatens in AA...lincoln and wyo east

unless Logan has some other sort of Saturday Shocker/Surprise/Miracle in them, they should lose to Wyo. East as they battle one another on the 13th @ Wyo. East.

it is very possible that both Wyo. East and Lincoln could be undefeated or at least have 1 loss come time for their match up with one another on 02/17/07 @ Wyo. East.

noteable teams that East faces before that match up

Logan 01/13/07 @ Home

Tolsia 01/27/07 Away (could revenge be a factor?)

Mount View 1/30/07 CC (this is Wyo. East/Mount Views only meeting in the regular season)

and Westside 02/09/07 @ Home

noteable teams Lincoln plays before that game...

Bridgeport 01/23/07 @ Home

Grafton 01/25/07 Away

Magnolia 01/27/07 Away

Robert C. Byrd 02/01/07 @ home

Grafton 02/06/07 @ home

Magnolia 02/09/07 @ home

Bridgeport 02/13/07 Away

Robert C. Byrd 02/15/07 Away

should be interesting to see how things turn out.

i believe everyone in AA will have at least two losses before tourney time.

* CC = Coal Classic

if they lose to anyone, i say it will be Grafton or Bridgeport, Magnolia isnt as great as in times past, a possible contender in their region with Weir being up and down at times, but still if Lincoln loses to anyone it will be one or both of those teams (Grafton/Bridgeport)

I couldn't honestly say how good MV has looked this year,because I'm living out of state,but I know the athletes are there,because we've always had them,but just never been able to play team ball. The current coach Kenneth Brown is probably the best bball coach the school has had,and it certainly looks like he's pushing towards putting the bball program on the right track. Mount View is 4-2 with a win over Westside @ their tournament this year. The knights were suppose to have played at Graham this past Tuesday night,but I haven't seen a score.

[ QUOTE ]

I couldn't honestly say how good MV has looked this year,because I'm living out of state,but I know the athletes are there,because we've always had them,but just never been able to play team ball. The current coach Kenneth Brown is probably the best bball coach the school has had,and it certainly looks like he's pushing towards putting the bball program on the right track. Mount View is 4-2 with a win over Westside @ their tournament this year. The knights were suppose to have played at Graham this past Tuesday night,but I haven't seen a score.

[/ QUOTE ] that game was postponed due to bad weather

to answer Rocks question about Mount View.

On the two occassions i seen them play, on one night they looked like a team that could hang with the big boys of AA (Bluefield, Wyo. East, etc.) and it made me wonder how they could lose to a Single A school like Greater Beckley Christian and struggle with the likes of Buffalo, but then i seen them on the very next night and i understood how.

in essence they are your typical Mount View team.

they have some decent talent, could probably go about 7 deep right now, the players on the MV team that stand out are; Cordero High, Deontae Baker, Thomas Bell, Bo Horton, Cory Hale, C.J. Wiseman, and Eric Smith.

thw two games i seen Mount View play in was in the Holiday Tourney at Westside, the first night they played Mountain State Academy beating them 73-50 and then the next night against Westside defeating the Renegades for a 2nd straight time (going back to the regional game) by a final of 41-40.

in the second game, it wasnt as much of a defensive struggle as it was a game of who could put the ball in the goal, cause it was definetly a night where it seemed like neither team could put one in the ocean.

it's notebale that Westside was without one of their leaders, in Chris Blankenship, as his baby had just been born over the holidays.

as for how MV is ranked, they didnt even make the others list in the first offical polls of the basketball season.

and as for saying Mount View will pull out the upset against Wyoming East, dont be so sure on that, yes Mount View might beat Wyo. East in the athletic department, but East can match MV's speed. and as it was stated East has MV in the experience department, but right now if East has one flaw or weakness i believe it is their coach, Jesse Lester is just not a good coach, who makes to many bone head mistakes and has costed more than 1 team sectional or regional losses in his tenure as a coach.

i honestly believe should the MV team that showed up against MSA would show up against Wyo. East that the game should be kept close, but if the MV team that played Westside shows up against Wyo. East, it could be a very ugly game.

one thing is for certain it should be a interesting preview to what i strongly feel should be a regional matchup in the same building come March.

I didn't say that Mount View would beat East,because honestly MV lost alot of experience from last yyyears team,but with the talent on this years team they could pull the upset if everyone plays team ball,and to their ability.

On another note I seriously doubt that East has anyone that could keep up with Cordero High.

i know you didnt say MV would beat East, i just stated dont expect the upset.

and trust me when i tell ya, East has speed too.

i've seen East play on 3 occassions now.

against Tolsia, Ravenswood, and Westside, their speed off of defensive pressure turnovers is pretty good.

I've seen Mount View play Mountain State Academy and Westside, in the MSA game they had the speed, in spots here and there against Westside they had the speed.

Cordero High didnt do much in the MSA game only had 5pts, if that. Against Westside he done a bit better, but didnt perform to his ability.

its as you said its all about team ball for them, as i said i seen it against MSA but not against Westside.

as i said, should be interesting to see what comes out of this game.