AA Football Predictions

builder

i think we are getting a tranfer but i dont know how good he is i have never seen him play before. we do have a lot of big and strong freshmen coming into the weightroom but most of them have never played before. they are a bunch of farm boys. i dont know which coach you heard it from but i dont think we are gonna throw more then we run. it doesnt seem like the coaches would do or say something like that. but i dont know. they might have.

Thanx for the input, i was told today buy some of the boys parents that we were getting a transfer from woodrow by the name of Todd Garlo he will be a junior this upcoming season and is a big kid so maybe he will be a nice addition to the line.

The Point Pleasant Big Blacks will return to a completely West Virginia school football schedule this upcoming season as they will become members of the Cardinal Conference. They are coming off of a 5-5 season in which our quarterback Kenny Durst (Signed to WVU - Baseball) suffered a knee injury and only played in about 2 games. Sophomore Justin Sheline, who had only one JV start to his credit, was forced to take the reins and guided Point to a 5-5 record when we should have been at least a 7-3 ball club.

Last years results -

@ Ripley 12-8 LOSS...A close game against a Ripley team that was not as good as years past. This was Sheline's first start, but he had a few fumbles and we lost our chance to win the game.

@ Sissonville 26-7 WIN Point was simply too much for Sissonville, too much size and strength. Sissonville scored the first TD and Point never looked back. Durst started this game at QB for Point.

Gallia Academy 35-6 LOSS Kenny got injured this game and never came back. Talk about a good football team, Gallia is about as talented as it gets. Had the best pure athlete in this area on their team, Donnie Johnson who could completely take over the game at QB.

Marietta 33-23 WIN This game wasn't as close as the score even indicated. They tapped on a score with a conversion late to make it closer. We crushed them. We held their back Cameron Amigo to -13 yards on 15 carries and this same guy ran for like 120 in a win over Parkersburg South, South's only loss on the season.

Winfield 27-0 Point has only allowed 7 points to Winfield in two consecutive years. Just too much for them.

Logan (Ohio) 28-6 LOSS A big Division 1 Ohio school, Logan has always been too much for Point. Had a RB by the name of Austin Rohr who ran to the outside and ran for about oh 200 yards. Quite the back that's for sure.

Jackson 33-6 LOSS Point has never beat Jackson and yeah, they are some big boys. Best pound for pound football team in this area. Big line, great 1000/1000 QB in Jared Humphreys, nice back in TJ McDonald just a great team as a whole.

@ Warren 46-7 WIN No comment. Worst football team i've ever seen

@ Athens 33-23 LOSS Grant Gregory, their QB was simply too much for us. End of story

@ Roane County 19-13 WIN This win knocked Roane out of the playoffs and solidified a .500 season for us.

Outlook for this season...not good.

Lost Kenny, Our entire offensive and defensive line which was full of 3 year starters. Lost a DB in Dustin Baker who signed to WV State. Lost DE Jimmy Jordan who signed to State as well. Lost a lot of talented kids like J.D. Thompson, Ryan Grubb, James Markham, Daniel Tench, all kinds of big talented guys.

Returning guys

QB will be a question with junior Justine Sheline, soph James Casto, and Oak Hill transfer C.J. Dorsey in the mix so who knows.

RB will be Newt Mattox. Quickest kid in a Point uniform since John Bonecutter a few years back. Won't have the line that he needs.

FB will be big Nathan Moore. Had one heck of a year last year even though he battled shoulder injuries. Should be main back if he stays healthy.

OL returns letter winners Kevin Hudnall and Robbie Greenlee.

Yeah,that's it.

Defense will be extremely shaky with pretty much a brand new defensive team.

This years predictions:

Ripley 17-6 WIN (Ripley lost their RB, don't know too much else about them. Played them close last year so I predict we win and take back the Golden Bucket.)

Sissonville 21-10 WIN

@ Magnolia NO CLUE, I know nothing about them at all.

@ Gallia 18-14 WIN (They lost their whole team, I don't think they will be that good.)

@ Winfield 24-6 WIN

@ Wayne 35-13 LOSS

Poca 28-10 LOSS

@ Ravenswood 24-20 LOSS

James Monroe 21-12 LOSS

Roane 27-7 WIN

Overall...I'll say 5-5 again.