Twin Valley wins at Honaker

babyblue

Why would you say that for Cwood is no doubt the best team in the region, but Twin valley was last year what are they a one hit wonder, and they were the best but they did have trouble with Twin Springs still so dont count no body out heck Hurley could show up in region playoffs. haha or not

You can mark it down and quote me "Castlewood will blow through Region D" if Twin Valley is the second best team as most people say. Baldwin is big but can't hit anything outside of 10ft, Horn is good but a little out of control sometimes. That is really all they have. I haven't seen Gate City play but I really don't think that anyone can beat C'wood. All five starters are very good. Two All State guys back from last year and the others can all score 20 on any given night. The only thing that will hurt them is that they aren't very deep. But with all 5 starters capable of scoring 20 the bence only has to play good d and that they do.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a TV CW Regional Final!! But both have to make it.. Regardless how good you might think CW is.. things happen.. especially to "not so deep teams". Injury, foul trouble... jealousy, an off night offensively plus foul trouble or be playing a hot team. I dont give nothing to anybody before its officially over!

Our opinions make it fun on this board.. I like it!! lol

Who else have you seen play that might challenge in region d?? i'm thinking Gate City only losses they have was in the Arbys. they also played oak hills red team but i havent heard a score..

From reading the papers, Giles and George Wythe is the tops in region C... I forgot about Indian river or what ever their name is.. lol I think they gave Radford a scare at Radford in the 1st round of the Regionals. They returned all their players I think..

I guess all in all it could come down to a team like Twin Springs who starts playing good at the right time and picks up a semi professional foreign player.. lol

Oh, not to mention CW throws up a hellva lot of threes.. lol.. Beware a slow paced game that comes down to a 2 or 3 possession game. Sometimes the better team goes home a loser...

I agree with you 100% on that. i heard that Gate City lost to Oak Hill red by 6 or something, but i dont know i am loving this season seems teams are playing all out all game long. but ploot you just said some stats that are true. and very good well great stats but those sound like twin valley numbers from last year. but off that subject what are some other teams that could be suprises

I agree that this years Castlewood team sounds alot like TV from last year. But it also sounds alot like Twin Springs from last year. And I don't think that there is a Twin Spring type team to play with Castlewood this year. If anyone in Region D beats them it will have to be Gate City. Twin Valley has a shot but I believe it is a very long shot. When it comes to Region C, which I really only know about the Hogo, Castlewood or anyone will have trouble keeping up with George Wythe. If you can beat there press, which no one has done yet, you could probably beat them. That being said, go Castlewood, Twin Valley, Gate City, and George Wythe. Hopefully one of them can do something.

Yeah GW it seems is tuff every year and hard to beat hopefully somebody will sneak up on the in region C playoffs. so one of our teams can have a good chance of going to richmond. And a question i would like anwserd is i heard that this is the last year in richmond and they are moving the tournment to a new sports center at UVA. any truth to that

You handle their press and you can beat them. Remember last year. PH a middle of the road team got blown out 2 times.. it took GW over time to throw in a hail mary to win at the buzzer..

The past several years they've been rated in the top teams in state just to fizzle out at seasons end. ":The team" I think will come out of region d again, unless the pioneer district has something.