Richlands SRs

SALTSHAKER

Whether a guy goes D1, D1A, D2, D3, or NAIA, doesn't really matter. What is more important is that football is giving them a chance to further their education.

I wish I had that kind of talent, then I would not have spent 10 years paying off student loans.

To the question...i think that Vandyke is talk to Montgomery at Emory and i think EMory is still in the sights for Jennings...and i think that Clayburne is def. going there last i heard... dnt think anyone has commited fully yet since signing day hasnt come yet.

Why would anyone be jealous? We all are happy that they are going on to college to get a good education. A lot of us was just tired of hearing how great this team was and how that a few of players were better than anyone in the state and going on to be superstars at D 1 level. Just got annoying hearing them compared to the likes of the Jones boys (Powell Valley), the Barbers (Cave Spring), Heath Miller (Honaker) and Justin Hamilton (Clintwood) that came out of this area that made an impact at D 1 and Pro level. Just because they are from Richlands people there think they are better than the rest of the talent in the area. Only one of the supposedly great players that came out of Richlands that I can recall that excelled beyond high school in football is Mike Compton. If I’m wrong correct me but he’s all I can remember. For example I always heard talk of the Breeding boys how great that they were but where are they now? I know one is spending some time in jail for drugs. So where are the rest of so called great athletes?? I work with a lot of people from Richlands and they are wondering the same thing.