Bluefield 59, Westside 53 -- FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

Started out strong. Let them comeback. Cameback with a 10 point lead then let them battle right back into it. Dont let the score fool you. we were only up by 3 with about 30 seconds left and they had the ball

I dont understand whats wrong with this bunch, letting logan, now westside comeback and almost beat them

Its called "playing not to lose". They were not aggressive in the 4th as they had been the previous three quarters. And they missed several layups right under the hole. Shouldve won by 15 or more but let Westside battle back.

Also, both sides were all over the refs tonite. Its sad to see how adults act sometimes in intense games like this, on both sides. But I thought that the refs made alot of bad calls both ways.

Rocks, i did not see you.

i got at the game late, there was only 4 or 5 mins left in the first qt., Blfd was up 8-1 when i arrived!

dunno if you seen me, but i had a white WVU hat and was wearing a baby blue dress shirt.

anyways you guys had me really worried when you got up 20 something to 9 after the first.

but Westside battled back, whether it was cause Blfd. got less aggressive or Westside stepped up on defence, i'm just glad we was able to get back in the game and make it interesting.

in all honesty Bluefield ad East are the front runners in AA with Logan, Weir, WS, Tolisa being dark horses.

Dexter Moore is one of the more pure shooters i've seen in awhile and he's just a great PG.

as for the comment saying Nick Cook should have gotten T'ed up, i dunno about that cause he was complaining about legit stuff.

i mean the same calls that was being made against WS in the 1st qt. (being called for a walk when down with the ball) they was letting Blfd by with in the 4th and yes i know its home court and home court advantage comes into play, but he had legit complaints, among a few other things.

its heartbreaking to me that we had a chance at 3 3pt shots to tie the game or possibly win, but couldnt get the shots to go in...but as the saying is, they are all practices until March anyways, but all these close games that WS are losing are about to get the best of me.

that aside it was a good game, and i look forward to the battle that will take place at Westside on the 27th (just hope it comes out different!)

next up for WS is Logan @ Logan on Monday and Scott @ WS Tuesday

Logan lost to Winfield @ Winfield tonight by a final of 79-86 after being down 20 pts at halftime.

Logan coach Mark Hatcher made the team lay on the floor all through halftime with basketballs on their chest, apparently it worked as Logan got back within 4pts of Winfield, but the Generals was able to defend home court on this night.

Logan is 6-3 as is Westside going into the game Monday night.

..."i mean the same calls that was being made against WS in the 1st qt. (being called for a walk when down with the ball) they was letting Blfd by with in the 4th and yes i know its home court and home court advantage comes into play, but he had legit complaints, among a few other things."...

All the crap WS was cryin about the blfd ppl were cryin about too with all the walking calls on both teams so to think that the refs were biased toward blfd is BS. Alot of really bad calls were made against both teams. period.

sanctagon, you must be a real die hard Blfd. fan

and that's fine, but i must disagree with you on the fact that Westside wasnt getting by with as many walks in the 2nd half as to what Bluefield was, especially their in the 4th qt.

i mean dont get me wrong, im not saying because the walks wasnt called we didnt win, what cost WS the game was getting down as big as they did in the 1st qt. and then they fact we didnt shoot the ball well, had WS not allowed themselves to get into such a hole as they did, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

i'm just saying on the officals parts, and i say this about any offical in any game if they are gonna calll it tight in a certain area for one team, then they should call it tight in that same area for the other team, and i would say this no matter who it is playing, i actually said this when Bluefield and Logan played, and the calls that logan got that night Bluefield didnt get to fair of a shake on and i said that it was not right then.

anyways Rocks, i did see the dunk that Dexter had, the place came unglued.

as for the game next week, i believe it could be abother interesting one, a game that will be determined by single digits and if Westside is able to hit most of their shots, i wouldnt be surprised if they would win.

safe travels to all who make it over towards Oceana and that direction.

i hear ya Rocks, well hopefully the boys will be up for the game.

hopefully the tiredness wont make much difference.

i just hate that WS/Blfd waited til this yr to start a home and home with one another.

i believe the games could have been and would have been more interesting when WS first became a school than what they are now, but there's nothing we can do about it.

+ i drool at the thought of a Jimmy Hopkins led team against a Danny Gaither led team (Danny was still coachig when WS came about), i belieive they would have been very very interesting.

anyways if you come over Saturday maybe we can meet then.

I've been pondering the thought on whether to go up to the WestSide game. It just depeneds what my semester of school is like and such, and if im up to going...

I'll let you know a few days before the game

Only if bluefield could hold there leads they had. We'd be undefeated this season. We were up by 10 against logan heading into the 4th i believe... Im a gaither fan myself..I remember i use to watch him coach the teams he had in the late 90's down at the armory, but that was when i was about 10 years old or so...

well i can honestly tell ya the loss at Logan, goes squarely on the shoulders of Ernie.

he pulled the team out of the press and thus allowed Logan to get back into the game.

i think Friday night's comeback from WS involved to things, decent defense on WS's part and then the fact that Blfd. was not as aggressive in the 2nd half as they was in the first half.

i still think are PG (#21)is the most pitiful PG in the state, he throws the ball away way to many times for my liking

but listen Rocks, i gotta head out and get ready for church, i'll talk wth ya more later in the weeks.

keep safe man.

Renegade fan, could you post some directions here sometime this week? I talked to a gentleman from WS walking into the gym and he said it was only an hour & 20 minutes for him.

yeah that sounds about right.

just depends on which way you wanna come.

you can take I77 to beckley and get off at the Beckley exit heading towards Kopperston Mountain (better known as 99)

towards Oceana once you get into Oceana you will come to an intersection where a car lot and 7-11 is make a right and head down town you will pass a Sunoco, Citgo, Hardees, and Adam Toler Funeral home, keep on going.

you will come upon a car wash called Westside car wash, just a little below it you will have another intersection, you can either go towards Baileysville or Man, head towards B'ville going down through that way you will pass a oceana town mall (it has a magic mart/pizza hut, etc.) go on pass that and Westside is probably 2 miles below there.

if you dont wanna go that route.

you can always come across herndon mountain where you will come out between Mullens and Pineville head West on route 10 follow it in Baileysville, when you come to an intersection for Oceana/Gilbert (right below Baileysville grade school, make a right towards Oceana) and go that direction towards Oceana for about 3-5 miles or so and you will come upon Westside.

either way you will be traveling the same distance pretty much.