Interesting post from the VAPreps message board...

GMan

Posted by my buddy DetCord (those are his comments not mine)...

Pre-Season Div 3 Poll Out...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Halusk of the UVAInsider released his pre-seasn Div 3 poll and it show the same shortfalls as his Div 4 poll did...little knowledge of team composition and competition. The following are my commnets on his picks:

Division 3

=====================

1. Gretna (14-0)

Super juniors rarely, if ever, meet or exceed their junior performance in their senior years. The supporting cast is not as strong but Vic Hall will still lead Gretna into the playoffs. Beyond that? Too early to tell.

2. Graham (10-3)

Without Bradshaw, this may be a reach. A lot of young talent coming up through the G-Men ranks but second in the state?

3. Grundy (8-4)

Why not? If thy can keep last year's momentum going and fill a few holes, this may be possible. Remember the phrase "Marcum on a Mission."

4. Fort Defiance (8-4)

I also consistently underestimate Fort and they consistently surprise me. But this year may be different, they just lose way too much. Even Dale Spitzer's coaching magic is unlikley to get them this high.

5. Handley (9-2)

I really like the Judges but, to coin a phrase, no way Jose! Absent Josh Verts, Mike Lee and Patrick Wingfield, the new guys have a way to go. A winning season still possible but this high? Nope.

6. York (10-2)

Another school (like the next two) that will have to prove itself without their "bread and butter" players from last year. Can they reload the talent of Charles Brown-Rich and beef up the lines?

7. Monticello (11-3)

Without the Joe Sanford aerial circus to carry them, I'm guessing the Mustangs go back into a ground-hugging offense in a district that is tough on the run. They'll bang heads with Western Albemarle (who lose Bryan Lescanec and Co.) for the district but neither likely have enough left to go beyond that.

8. Poquoson (10-3)

It's going to be hard to imagine a Poquoson team without Josh Zidenbug. Without his numbers, this may be a very different team. Ryan Warner?

9. Nandua (10-1)

Surprises almost never happen two years in a row. We'll see.

10. Rockbridge County (6-4)

Maybe. Great backield with Rosser, Ware and Prasnicki but the lines lose Kirchner, Carter and the elder Clark brother (Adam). Aaron Clark (UVa commit) returns at DE and one of the districts best. Broadway may overtake them (as he mentions altough not really knowing why). They also have a strong backfield but need to solve a QB and o-line problem going into the season. John Jacobs still the heart of this team and will be a D-1 pickup out of the Valley District.