bluefield info

buzzsawBeaver

Talked to an assistant bluefield coach earlier, here's what was said that is of interest, martinsburg and beckley are 1 game schedules. He's not certain what they'll do in '05 about a 9th and 10th game, but he said they'd had a hard time locating teams to schedule, so maybe GOD willing bluefield and graham could actually schedule 2 games in '05, or if martinsburg is still without a 10th game in '05, perhaps they'll schedule another game.

Of particular interest, bluefield has a 3 players expected to contribute considerably who didn't play in '03.

1 is a sophomore rb who he said had a lot of speed.

Another I'm guessing is the end mentioned recently, who I didn't recognize, and I won't elaborate specifically on who the 3rd is, aside from saying that this player is originally from bluefield, and I recognize him as a player, and in my opinion, he is equal to mariotti as an all around player and reciever. He would be a very formidable weapon for bluefield all around.

He said they are working hard and have high expectations, but of course seemed to have a lot of respect for their hard schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

I won't elaborate specifically on who the 3rd is, aside from saying that this player is originally from bluefield, and I recognize him as a player, and in my opinion, he is equal to mariotti as an all around player and reciever. He would be a very formidable weapon for bluefield all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

The grass is not always greener on the other side, especially when that grass grows eight miles to the east of Bluefield.

I knew the Beckley series was a one year deal b/c Fred Persinger had told me that a couple of months ago. I figured the Martinsburg series was as well. Hopefully Bluefield can renew some old series such as Pulaski County or someone of that caliber. There's nothing more pathetic than ducking a tough opponent.