Tazewell schedule

Lance

WTF are they thinking?

Gate City, Lebanon, Honaker?????

I guess they just wrote this season off and decided to go for the gate revenue? All I can figure...

Whats wrong with playing Honaker, GC, and Leb? Those will be though games for Tazewell. Honaker is reloading this year, but we should still play them tough; we beat them 27-6 last year, but the game was closer than the score made it appear. Leb has most back and they played a 2 OT thriller with Tazewell last season. GC lost a lot, but you can bet they will be good. Are we back to the old theory that an AA school has nothing to gain by playing a Class A school? Yeah, your right, Tazewell should at least drop one of those schools and pick up Lee who goes like 1-9 or 2-8 about every season. The 3 single A schools they play are a heck of a lot better than the 3 schools outta the Highlands they play IMO! In fact, I would say every single Class A school they have played over the past few years have been head over heels better teams than half of the AA schools they play! If anything Honaker, Leb, and GC have nothing to gain by BEATING Tazewell because they don't win many of their games. If Honaker hadn't dropped Single A Grayson County for Tazewell last season, we woulda easily made the playoffs over Powell Valley instead of them getting the wild card spot over us by one lousy power point.

With the points system the way it is...playing A teams is not a great idea..esp that many...and all of them are probably better than Tazewell. Even if they would somehow run the table, unless they would win the district, it would be hard to make the playoffs. Just my opinion.

I wasn't saying anything bad about any of the teams involved...I just think thats a strange schedule for Tazewell...although it should be some good football...I wish all the area teams were on the same level so it would not be so political and they could easily play each other...makes for some good rivals...just hard to do with this points system.

Lance

Yeah, I guess thats why you don't see Graham playing Lebanon or GC anymore. Somtimes an AA team can gain by playin an A school and sometimes not, just depends on a lot of different things.

Just to clear up some things. Isn't this the result of a two year cycle. I mean, just looking at this schedule, it appears to be the same as last year. That would have to mean that this is the result of something that happened prior to last year.

hmmm...i thought they were open to schedule whoever this year? Might be a 2 year thing...still doesn't change anything as far as this conversation goes though...strange schedule in today's times. If I were playing at Tazewell I'd hope they would at least put a schedule that gives you some kind of shot at the playoffs...I can't see this one helping them out in that area can you?