Billy Wagner @ Crab Orchard Museum

rvtne216

I thought about taking my nephew but the paper said they were selling autographed items and that's something I'll never pay for. I'm all for raising money for charity but if you're Billy Wagner you can do that by pulling out your checkbook. Not charging kids money to write your name on a ball.

it was for a good cause and he is spending a lot of other money around here on some other projects...if some of the others that have as much, did half as much, the kids in this area would have it made. Give the guy some credit for coming back and donating his time to try to raise some money for a local cause that needed it. If you catch him out and about i'm sure he will be more than glad to sign anything you give him...this was a specific event for a specific cause...it was a fundraiser and that was point.

He's a good guy and i dont want to see him take a verbal beating...he's one of the few that is actually doing something good around here.

Well like I said, I'm all for helping a good cause but roll up your sleeves and do something real. Don't sell your name to the very people who gave it to you in the first place. Who knows how many people, including the one above, went home disappointed?

[ QUOTE ]

it was for a good cause and he is spending a lot of other money around here on some other projects...if some of the others that have as much, did half as much, the kids in this area would have it made. Give the guy some credit for coming back and donating his time to try to raise some money for a local cause that needed it. If you catch him out and about i'm sure he will be more than glad to sign anything you give him...this was a specific event for a specific cause...it was a fundraiser and that was point.

He's a good guy and i dont want to see him take a verbal beating...he's one of the few that is actually doing something good around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, Billy is a very good guy and one of the few that does give back.

[ QUOTE ]

Well like I said, I'm all for helping a good cause but roll up your sleeves and do something real. Don't sell your name to the very people who gave it to you in the first place. Who knows how many people, including the one above, went home disappointed?

[/ QUOTE ]

who's to say that in addition to his time, he didn't do more?

Like i said...it was a "fundraiser" and he was very nice to agree to help out in the first place..that's a good thing, not something that should be questioned or complained about.

What Billy did was, you paid the $6.oo then you got your picture made with him. He would they sign the picture and mail it to you. It is a great piece of memoribilia. I was extremely pleased with what he did. You have to remember he was on a really tight schedule and this way he got to see more people then if he was signing things for people. Plus Billy spoke to everyone and shook their hand.

Now that's nice. I can live with that. I just have an extreme distaste for athletes who sign only for those who can afford it and leave the rest out in the cold. I watched greed ruin the baseball card hobby I grew up with and I've watched it ruin the game itself.